What are you smoking for the 4th?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

briggy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 27, 2014
Ohio
Wouldn't mind a unique idea to try out - fire away with your plans for the 4th!

I think we're doing burgers and dogs for the 4th, but my nephew's bday is on the 2nd, and we're having a party for him on the 7th. He asked me to smoke a pork loin roast for him, and it won't be enough food so it will be 2 roasts or 1 roast and something else.
He's turning 12; we will make a "smoker" out of him!

I think we're doing burgers and dogs for the 4th, but my nephew's bday is on the 2nd, and we're having a party for him on the 7th. He asked me to smoke a pork loin roast for him, and it won't be enough food so it will be 2 roasts or 1 roast and something else.
He's turning 12; we will make a "smoker" out of him!

Best of luck turning him into a smoking fanatic! Have a great 4th and birthday party.

Well this is not for the 4th but doing tomorrow because it’s to be really hot here for next few days. This keeps us out of kitchen for a few days. Smoked meatloaf to be sliced down for sandwiches. Smoked whole chicken to be made into chicken salad. A marinated deer roast to be sliced down for fajitas. Just have to nuke a few slices to eat in fajita. This should last us until weekend

Well this is not for the 4th but doing tomorrow because it’s to be really hot here for next few days. This keeps us out of kitchen for a few days. Smoked meatloaf to be sliced down for sandwiches. Smoked whole chicken to be made into chicken salad. A marinated deer roast to be sliced down for fajitas. Just have to nuke a few slices to eat in fajita. This should last us until weekend

Yeah, hotter than **** here to! These are the rare days I wished I had a set it and forget it :)

I think on the 4th, I will be having my Father's Day Dinner at Bear Jr's house:
Bear Jr had a bad cold the week of Father's day, and didn't want me to get it, so he postponed the Dinner.
Then his wife went to Williamsburg & Busch Gardens for a week.
So I think I'm having my Father's Day Ribeye on Wednesday!!!

Bear

Reactions: chopsaw
I think on the 4th, I will be having my Father's Day Dinner at Bear Jr's house:
Bear Jr had a bad cold the week of Father's day, and didn't want me to get it, so he postponed the Dinner.
Then his wife went to Williamsburg & Busch Gardens for a week.
So I think I'm having my Father's Day Ribeye on Wednesday!!!

Bear
Well that doesn't sound bad at all Bear! Happy belated Father's Day!

Serious health issues have left my smoker gently weeping for the last 8-10 months but I'm mostly back in form for the 4th.

Planning on turkey legs, BBQ wings, and a couple of racks of ribs We picked up a 40# case of huge wing pieces for $1.29/lb, broke it down to 10 4# vacuum-sealed bags, and crammed them in the freezer.

I'll post pics along the way.

Serious health issues have left my smoker gently weeping for the last 8-10 months but I'm mostly back in form for the 4th.

Planning on turkey legs, BBQ wings, and a couple of racks of ribs We picked up a 40# case of huge wing pieces for $1.29/lb, broke it down to 10 4# vacuum-sealed bags, and crammed them in the freezer.

I'll post pics along the way.

Sorry to hear about your health issues smokindogs, that sounds like a great menu!

I'm thinkin pork steaks . Got a great method , they come out fantastic .

Well Briggy; given I still don't know if we're going to a family reunion or not, I have nothing planned <It is likely we'll end up doing burgers for the 4th. Weather dependent>.

If you want to beat me to it though..do smoked Osso Buco and tell me how it goes ;)

Note; not pre made burgers though, I'll get some decent 80/20 ground chuck or some thing, mix in onions and the like. Maybe some chopped bacon!

Well Briggy; given I still don't know if we're going to a family reunion or not, I have nothing planned <It is likely we'll end up doing burgers for the 4th. Weather dependent>.

If you want to beat me to it though..do smoked Osso Buco and tell me how it goes ;)

Note; not pre made burgers though, I'll get some decent 80/20 ground chuck or some thing, mix in onions and the like. Maybe some chopped bacon!

Winner so far! Have a recipe for those veal shanks on a smoker??

Winner so far! Have a recipe for those veal shanks on a smoker??
I actually do. I was thinking just ole beef shanks, but I imagine the methods and times will be the same. Smoke for 3-4 hours at 275f. Then per the stuff I read, you chuck it into the pot with braising ingredients. Cover well, put it back into the smoker for 2-3 hours more.

As for seasoning and all, I will leave that to you. There's so many methods for Osso Buco seasonings...I'm thinking SPOG for the meat on it's own though. OssoBuco.

Personally I'm not sure I'd run them at 275f for 4 hours. Depends on the fat to meat ratio and how big the bone is...also most of the stuff I read leans towards a milder smoke. If you do it before I do you better post plenty of pics ;)

Edit; I forgot to link this- https://girlscangrill.com/recipe/beef/smoked-osso-buco/
The blogger uses a pellet grill, but I believe even with my MES I could do this, as you really simmer ossobuco vs flat out boil.

I’m going to be smoking a prime brisket on the 4th. I may do some kielbasa as a lunch while the brisket is going. Not sure about that yet though. We are going to throw it all in for the 4th. Deviled eggs, barbecue beans, mac n cheese, corn on the cob, and to finish it off, homemade ice cream.

George

Doing a brisket tomorrow since I'll be over in Wisconsin doing fireworks over the fourth. Maybe I'll find a bbq place there.

I’m going to be smoking a prime brisket on the 4th. I may do some kielbasa as a lunch while the brisket is going. Not sure about that yet though. We are going to throw it all in for the 4th. Deviled eggs, barbecue beans, mac n cheese, corn on the cob, and to finish it off, homemade ice cream.

George

Sounds outstanding!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky