what a deal!!! NOW WHAT

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

twanger1994

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
New Jersey
Hello smokers,

Been a while since I've been on. We recently moved from NJ to North Carolina. We are going to be opening a brewery in south-eastern NC in the near future. The move went well and now that we are pretty much settled in. I'm ready to smoke something...

So last week I was at work and the Miss's calls to tell me about a deal on ribs she found... I said great its been some time so get them and lets do it.. The deal was 3-4 lbs of spare ribs for about $13 a package, The kicker being buy one get one free. Working all week I had not looked at them until yesterday. To my surprise they are all cut into individual ribs...

Now I don't know what to do with them.  Do I follow my regular recipe and go on as usual, or try something else?

I know my way around a smoker but in no way consider myself to be a professional.. Just a guy who like good food... And Beer too!!!

Any input or new recipes to try would be great thanks everyone

I'd go with your regular method but maybe cut the times down a little. If you're a low and slow guy, there won't be all that much difference as the temps are low enough to really avoid over cooking. For hot and fast, you might just keep a closer eye on them. If a full rack of spares is done in 4 hours at 300˚, I'd check at about 3 hours. If you're doing low and slow, or 3-2-1, I'd modify it to 2.5-1-1 with a poke test after an hour in foil to check for tenderness.

Good luck and let us know how they turn out.

Got any metal skewers?  Re-assemble them and hold in place with skewers and smoke like normal.  Might be a little shorter than a full rack as most skewers are not long enough for a full rack.  Probably two skewers per rib assembly might work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky