WHASSUP PPL!!!! IM NEW TO IT ALL

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xxBigHomie829xx

Original poster
Sep 28, 2022
As the thread title suggests i am truly new to it all!

First time welding so my project is a steel drum grill/smoker (not the UDS variety either just the good 'ol traditional kind) and once its done it'll be my frist time smoking or grilling anything with charcoal/ wood ever so youll see me popping up here and there on here

i all for the philosophical convos about heat, different material, heating sources, methods and the like. im truly here to learn!

if anyone can point me in the direction of the horizontal steel drum smoker/grill builders it would be greatly appreciated

it seems everything these days points to the UDS but i know im not alone

peace
xxBigHomie829xx

Reactions: JC in GB
Welcome from Wisconsin. :emoji_cat:

There are some good build threads on this site. Here are the calculations I used in my design.

JC :emoji_cat:

Attachments

• Calculations for offset smoker.docx
    54.9 KB · Views: 3
Welcome, from California. There's a lot of experienced builders with the formulaic knowhow to help guide you. I'm not that guy but I am always amazed at the level of talent folks here have for builds.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky