• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Wet aging brisket??

radioguy

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 12, 2013
I'm wondering how many of you age your brisket in the refer? I just read a thread that got me thinking about aging brisket. I'm just talking about buying it in a cryo pack and letting it "wet" age. Is there any advantage? It it worth it? I get most of my briskets from Costco, prime.

I'm also one of those guys that has no problem going past the stamped "use by" date. Especially beef, so long as it smells good and hasn't been too long.

Let me know your thoughts.
RG

Misplaced Nebraskan

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 20, 2018
I believe one memeber is wet aging one now.

Misplaced Nebraskan Misplaced Nebraskan
More of a seasoning meld ageing at this point. I did leave it in cryovac for a couple weeks. Then I trimmed, seasoned and re vac sealed it to hang out for a couple weeks. Not sure if any more ageing really happens but the end result last time (link in sig) is worth this re trial :emoji_fingers_crossed::emoji_thumbsup:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks