Wendy’s Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ishi

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 30, 2018
Several years ago after deer hunting with the kids our tradition was stopping at Wendy’s and getting a burger, fries and chili. Couple months ago a friend posted a recipe for Wendy’s chili so it was a must try. Personally I think it’s different but was very good.
24B82D9A-9A71-46C0-A6C6-BEB31894039F.png

The chili was cooked on my pellet grill set at 250 and it brewed for five hours. Pellet grilled chili is very tasty with the smoke flavor.
F0D30312-0074-44D0-9BC7-9E52888218BF.jpeg

After the cook.
383D2972-F0D7-440F-8099-349BCC0D712A.jpeg

Time to enjoy!
10A5D815-FBFE-4C97-967F-3CD41FE0E20C.jpeg

Thanks for looking

Looks tasty!! I always loved Wendy’s chili with some of that gold pack hot sauce they have.

Reactions: Ishi
Looks really good from here.

Point for sure
Chris

That looks awesome. I'll never forget going to Wendy's with my dad and chowing down on some chili, and a single with only mustard. Great memories!

Last edited:
What you made looks great. It's been a lot of years but I seem to remember Wendy's Chili having chunks of Tomato and more Veggies than what is in the recipe. It was runny enough that the Tomato juice sounds reasonable. Good job and thanks...JJ

Nice work!

When my wife and I first got married a Wendy’s big bacon classic, fries, and a coke was our fancy night out! Wow those are memories!!!

Reactions: jcam222 and Ishi
Knew a guy that won his office party cook off with Wendy’s chili. Rumor has it that he forgot about it, and grabbed some last minute to save face and won. Not sure if it’s bs or not

That happens. People choose the familiar. I judged a huge Rib Cook-off in York PA, several years. 100 entries and some of the Best Ribs I have ever eaten. All most every year the Peoples Choice Award went to an area Chain restaurant similar to Applebee's. The ribs were Steamed to FOB, dunked in a BBQ Sauce with added Liquid Smoke and re-heated until caramelized on their gas grill. Tasty enough if you didnt know better, but not award winning Q...JJ

Looks great! I seem to recall reading a post somewhere by a guy that used to work at Wendy's. He said they used the leftover hamburger patties that were burnt and couldn't be sold on the buns. Maybe that's the secret ingredient?

Looks great! I seem to recall reading a post somewhere by a guy that used to work at Wendy's. He said they used the leftover hamburger patties that were burnt and couldn't be sold on the buns. Maybe that's the secret ingredient?

That goes a long way to get the flavor. Biggest mistake home cooks make is throwing 5 pounds of meat in the pot and cooking it until it's no longer pink. But that is just essentially Steamed meat. Making Patties and hard searing them, dark brown, takes the flavor to a whole different level...JJ

Reactions: jcam222
Thanks for all the compliments guys!

I loved the wendys taco salad, im gonna have to give this a test drive. looks great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky