Well HOWDY!!!!!!! NEW to smoking and still learning Grilling

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lubbocksmoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
Lubbock Texas
PDT_Armataz_01_20.gif

Hello All, My name is Brad and I live in Lubbock, Texas....

I started smoking last year b/c I loved making my good meet and not buying it.

Setup:

Unmodified New Branusfel (bought @ Academy no less) for about 150.00. I knew since I was getting started so I didn't want to drop alot of money and just learning. I have a good Temp Gauge that I purchased seperately. And my meat thremoter is a Polder - Digital..works pretty well.

I smoked chickens tonight on to perfection. Wife was very impressed.

I have used a couple of different woods, I like Hickory and Mesquite, but am looking into different woods

1 question I have though is some of the slang talk I dont know what it means, for example

SnP, MES, WMS and such.. I mainly just want to make sure that when asked a question or ask a question that I am doing it right.

Thanks

Brad

Welcome to smf glad to have ya!! Tons of great info here and great members too! Use the handy search feautre and the wiki section to get ya started,loads of info there.

mes-- masterbuilt electric smoker

wms--weber smokey mountain smoker

Give it a few weeks and you'll learn the lingo...Untill then search over the threads and wikis you'll learn alot!

Good luck Brad!!

Brad, Welcome. Congrats on the chicken. When you can impress your wife, you got it made.

As far as the acronyms go, right click on "wiki", left click on "open in new window", Left click on "A". find "acronyms" on the list and "left click on it". Shrink the window so you can refer to it as you browse the site.That will get you started. Take your time and search all the stuff here. I've been here for a few months and still get lost looking for stuff.

Anytime you have a question, don't hesitate. Everyone here is very helpful. Dave

Brad, welcome to Smoking Meat Forum, you have come to the right place and it sounds as if you have a pretty good start already!  May I make a couple of suggestions?  1) Sign up for the FREE 5 DAY E-COURSE, it is a great learning tool crammed with good information on smoking.  I had been smoking meat for about 6 years when I got it and learned a lot of things that I had never even thought about, it's well worth your time.  2) Use the Search Bar and the WIKI section for information on about anything you can imagine, tons of things to read and learn from.  3) In the WIKI section under A, (as Dave has already told you) find the Acronyms and print off a copy of them and keep them near your computer, they will come in handy when reading and studying the art of smoking meats.  4) Probably most important, we are all here to help you, the only dumb question that you can ask here....is the one that you do not ask!  We all started out not knowing much about smoking so we have all had failures, questions, good smokes and bad ones so if you have a question.....ask.  That's what we are here for and we love to do it.  Now all that should get you off to a good start and that and $1.00 will get you a cup of coffee about anywhere!  LOL!!!!!!  Again Brad, glad to have you with us we can all learn from each other. Enjoy!

Your SMF Friend,

Barry 
biggrin.gif

Welcome to SMF. Glad to have you with us. Like others have mentioned check out the 5 day ecoures. Its FREE.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
icon_cool.gif

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky