Weekend roll-call - whats smokin'?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chisoxjim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 25, 2007
After an almost 2 week break I am going to get the WSM fired up again tomorrow. I have been busy, and have been trying to de-smoke my tastebuds for some upcoming bbq events.

So after work its off to Restaurant Depot for some lump, bb ribs, some spices, and a few other things. I am also going to pick-up a few bags of Kingsford blue bag for the La Caja.

Plan is to do some bb ribs tomorrow while my wife and I paint another room of the house. Also going to do some beans, and maybe some ABT's for fun(ive got some leftover crab from dinner last night). I am putting the finishing tweaks on my bb ribs for a competition May 29th.

My plan may be derailed only if I see a smallish thawed goat @ RD, I am itching to give the La Caja a test run in advance of my pig roast coming up, and if there is a goat to be bought I might just do that since the Kingsford blue bag is so cheap right now(40 lbs for $13). Some goat tacos, or some gyros sounds almost as good as some ribs for tomorrow after painting. Looks like a dry Saturday, perfest for some bbq.

what are other folks smokin'?

Saturday: Three racks of baby backs for dinner. I am also doing two 5 lb chuckies to pull, mix in sauce and Dr. Pepper and toss in crockpot overnight. That will provide lunch for Sunday and several more meals next week.

Injecting two splaycocked chicken tonight and brining.

Will rub tomorrow and cook up Sunday in the Smokey Mountain Smoker.

Got a ABT holder from BPS that'll be loaded with a simple cream cheese, garlic, and grated 4-cheese spread.

And tomorrow night will add some salt & olive oil to some portabella's.

If I have room, will add a package of brats.

Using hichory & cherry wood for smoke.

Smokin' 6 butts 8-9lbs each, for some fellars at work and me. By the way the 22.5WSM holds all 6 at once. Last weekend I did 6 butts and cut 2 hours off of my normal 16 hour smokes, I think it may be the lump I was using instead of briquettes.

RP

nice,

I think the most I have done on my WSM at one time was (4) (about 40#'s worth). Lump is the way to go for sure imho.

Well, I'm still eating leftover PP from a 10# butt I did last weekend, and it looks like rain this weekend so no smoking for me.

I've got a 12# Turkey on the smoker right now. Forgot I had until I went into the freezer the other day so I decided to smoke it before freezer burn. About 3 hrs into it now.

Well nothing like jumping in.. The Brother an I are cooking for our parent 40 aniverasry party.. Got 6 slabs of sapre Rib, couple of Fatties, a few dozen ABT Maybe some Squeef balls, Should be fun on a rebuild SFB Char-broil and a Brinkmann gourmet. Couple of rookie taking a swing at it.. LOL
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

nice mix of grub,
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

good luck to you guys on your smoke.

Got folks on the way I have a pork shoulder. Small brisket and a turkey breast on. Rainy but not windy perfect smoke!

Well it's graduation weekend and so far today in my MES 40" I've smoked

about 45lbs of corned beef (all from flat cut brisket, not homemade, packaged)

Was completely full, had it loaded 11 corned beef. Ended up smoking it for 14 hours, didn't open the door until I got them out.

Right now I have 57lbs of pork shoulder in. Started at 5pm and hoping to be done around 8am.

Didn't get take any pictures of it loaded, (don't know why), but here is one with it loaded with the butts:

Oh and the ECB in the back, had two fatties for a little snack
icon_smile.gif

Will be doing doing 24 lbs of Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans (thanks Dutch) starting around 9-10 depending when the pork is finished, been a long few days I tell ya.

Oh hoping to put on some ABTs as well.

Well only week 2 with my MES but im not scared im doin 4fatties and 2 chukies today and a batch of dutches beans cant wait to try the beans bringing 2 of the fatties to work on monday i have a couple of chickens to put in on Sunday cant wait weather is supposed to be perfect this weekend hows that Drpepper bbq sauce i see alot of people using it must be tasty may give that a shot

Well brither came in this weekend to pick up his Goats from dad so friday night was about 3 lb of abt's, 4 lbs of spicy cheesy bacon wrapped balls, and finally stuffed mushrooms.

Today was more of the above less the mushrooms and 3 racks of baby backs I kinda took over from mom who was having a bad rib day. They wernt bad but I dont like cooking them on the grill. Lot easier in the smoker.

Turned out pretty good, but I had to go to work so I am hoping my wife brought home some leftovers !!

Hey Lil Bro lunch was great , And we had a great visit with all . Also Found out that u can teach an old dog (ME) new tricks !!!! Thanks for the tips !!

Well I think I'm gonna do either ribs or brisket. Grandkids are coming over so I'm going to let the Bride make the decision on what she wants, heck it may even be chicken; either way I bet it'll be good.

Smoked 2 slabs of ribs, 5 leg quarters, loaf of bologna, hot dogs, and meat loaf. Gonna eat good all week. Got a few pics. Will get a report up when I get a minute.

Never thought about smokin' hot dogs and meatloaf. Do you put the meatloaf in a pan? How big is your meatloaf, what temp do you smoke it at, and how long does it take?

Can't wait to see the pics.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky