Weber SmokeFire - anyone get it yet

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just reread the Meathead forum touting the claim of being “the first” to grill on a SF just after the November rollout. They also claim that they actually had a SF grill and we’re testing it and “putting it through it’s paces” What’s up with that? Almost three months later and no word from them? I guess “no news” means “bad news” from MH or did they really have one to test?

Yes that forum was there at the Media Release and as I remember, reported that they had done the first test. But to be fair that test was done there at Weber's place.

I believe that forum organization has now received a grill and its membership is awaiting the review.

Last edited:
Reactions: SlickRockStones
What's the URL on that forum?

Yeah, RCAlan - it is sad that some are first time pellet people and they will get a bad impression right off the bad. I've had the opposite experience with my Rec Tec. It isn't perfect but works damn good and anytime I have issues, I know Rec Tec will support it 100%. I've only had to call Customer Support a few times but they are awesome!

I read some bad reviews on Reddit also. Maybe by the time I get my feet wet in the pellet grill world, most of their problems will be addressed

Been waiting for this particular grill to come out to get my first pellet grill. Pretty disappointed that people seem to be having issues.

Been waiting for this particular grill to come out to get my first pellet grill. Pretty disappointed that people seem to be having issues.
You may want to go with one that’s been used and on the market a while. Like a Rec Tec. They are real nice. i would have big concerns with a first version of most things

M mickgriller wow...good documentation. Sad about the SF. But I think many were suspicious this would play out in this manner...

thank you for sharing.

Well, here is an independent review. Justin bought the grill himself, even though he was offered one from Weber, and he was expeditious in getting this out. Thanks Justin for an update.

To say that I am surprised by Weber on this one would be an understatement!

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Here's another review I just saw today.

Watch Before Buying - SmokeFire Review

This guy had an even worse time with it. Some of these issues are to be expected, but others are surprising considering this is Weber and that they've theoretically been cooking with and testing Pit Boss, Traeger and other pellet grills for years and years before releasing their own.

Reactions: sawhorseray
How many times are you going to post the same review on the same thread? lol

well I just had my Weber EX6 delivered yesterday and after reading all the negative reviews I'm tempted to just not even unbox and have it picked back up and returned. This was to be my first venture in to the pellet grill game and I haven't seen one positive review coming out of this yet. I guess I'm going to wait a little bit to see if there's any formal response from Weber but they can't really fix what's already out in the market. Looks like my options are return and wait for them to fix issues or get my refund and go with the Rec Tec or Trager. Pretty bummed out considering I have a $1200 freaking pellet grill sitting in my garage that I don't even want to touch!

well I just had my Weber EX6 delivered yesterday and after reading all the negative reviews I'm tempted to just not even unbox and have it picked back up and returned. This was to be my first venture in to the pellet grill game and I haven't seen one positive review coming out of this yet. I guess I'm going to wait a little bit to see if there's any formal response from Weber but they can't really fix what's already out in the market. Looks like my options are return and wait for them to fix issues or get my refund and go with the Rec Tec or Trager. Pretty bummed out considering I have a $1200 freaking pellet grill sitting in my garage that I don't even want to touch!
Man....well, I believe there is a return window they have. Maybe try it out for awhile. But if you plan to do any low and slow, this design just doesn't appear like it will work as I feared that and tons of others did also.

The pellets not feeding appears to be a big issue also. I'm not sure why they didn't make that hopper bigger and so narrow. One of the reason I love the look the Rec Tec Bull was because the hooper is in the back and it looks like a grill(at least to me).

For the same price point, I'd recommend the Rec Tec Bull. I love mine!

I cannot believe this shit show that Weber has on their hands. Prob order a Rec Tec or a Camp Chef soon. Feels bad. Wanted to get the Weber.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same... The issues seem kinda obvious and like they should have come up during testing prior to production. Beyond the functional issues - the safety issues seem large.

I have no skin in the pellet grill game, but this is what is most surprising to me too. So, Weber either never had these issues happen (like the fire BabyBackManiac posted about) or they did and rolled out anyway. It's a bummer if they knew about these issue and decided to go to market still.

I also wonder if they made some kind of last minute changes that weren't thoroughly vetted....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky