Weber Kettle 22" ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
looking at the pic the orientation of the vent to the handle is different than both of yours, I don't even see a temp gauge

My bad, I meant the daisy wheel vent, not the temp gauge. The vent just does not look in proportion of a 26.

Looking at the support between the legs. It appears to be a 22", but I'm not totally positive. Also my 26" doesn't have two handles on kettle part, and has the slide aside bail. I'd say it's a 22"

Chris

Yes this, it has to have the lid bail cause the lid is pretty heavy. Mine is the same. Only has one handle.

Love my 22” and for my son’s Birthday got him an 18”… Cause he wanted to be a “grilling guy”… We have some fun grilling together…

So we have a vortex for each, as said “game changer” big time! Of any accessory, that is number one!!!! Best wings and chicken fried steak! One word of caution, if you do the vortex… get a good glove… not thinking and a few beers into my first cook… I damned near branded a Weber emblem into my palm… that handle gets HOT!!!

One day I’d like a 26”… But for now, with the 22 and 18 we have plenty of room!

Some may say that’s not an economic way to use charcoal… I will tell them, if you see the look on my sons face after a cook… That he done… Priceless! He is so proud! And I’m proud of him… It’s a bonding experience too!

BTW, both are just original kettles with ash catch underneath the grill! So during a cook, if need be you can just lightly turn side to side the temp sweeps underneath to clear out any ash build up!

Last edited:
Reactions: gmc2003 and Marknmd
Does appear not to have a thermometer (who cares) Trying to coordinate looking this weekend. Anyway I may mod it to put the inkbird bbq blower control on it. Steve H Steve H and I both were looking for something to add it too. I was not drilling through my new performer but this would be a perfect project.

Reactions: Steve H
Good luck Cliff. If you can - pull up with these guys, and that could make the negotiations a little easier. Maybe he'd give it to for free!!!

1677257508564.png

I thought the 2 handle lower bowls were mid 80's to early 90's . I think they switched to wood handles ( from metal ) in '81 . Looks like someone had and older kettle and spruced it up ? I'd be all over that for the 50 bucks . The hinged grate cost about that . Trying to see if the lower vents are slotted or not .
Not that any of that matters . I'd buy it

I thought the 2 handle lower bowls were mid 80's to early 90's . I think they switched to wood handles ( from metal ) in '81 . Looks like someone had and older kettle and spruced it up ? I'd be all over that for the 50 bucks . The hinged grate cost about that . Trying to see if the lower vents are slotted or not .
Not that any of that matters . I'd buy it
These look to be like plastic handles which is what they use currently. Looking at the current weber site count the amount of bottom supports (looks like 4) for a 26
1677259833093.png

The 22 have three
1677259892552.png

look at the one from his listing - 3
1677259939849.png

So an older 22? I will knock him down off the $50

Edit: from the gray handles looks to be a 2000 -2011 model

Last edited:
These look to be like plastic handles which is what they use currently.
Yeah . The mounts are the same . The newer handles will mount up , or the wood ones fit too . I also think the enclosed ash catcher will fit the older ones . Some nice parts and you already know it cooks good . I bet he comes off the 50 . Give him some room to come back up a bit , and act liked he got ya . Lol .
If you're interested , here's the date code chart .

Reactions: clifish and Marknmd
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky