Weber Gas Grills Worth the Money???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have the weber genesis and use it multiple times a week. It is great. I also use it to smoke with pellets in a cast iron box on the one lit burner with meat being on the far side. Works great and holds temp great. Just got a large stick burner but will still use the weber for smaller overnight cooks for ease. Get one!

Reactions: chopsaw
Thanks guys! Now just gotta decide between a Spirit II 3 burner and Genesis II 3 burner. The surface area on the Spirit would be good 75% of the time, but I do occasionally have large cookouts and I do tend to cook with cast iron skillets on one side for crab cakes, diced potatoes, ect ect.

So, Genesis for me I suppose!!!

I vote for the genesis. It’ll be a great choice.

I'm even considering the 4 burner now. It's $899....sigh...but I've spent way more than that over the years on grills...

3e35037c668cdbd6d36b6fa625ea32b8.jpg

Ah, You guys have me looking at Webers now!!

My 7yr old Char-Broil is sitting on the curb with its bottom completely rusted out. I need to buy a new grill very soon...does Weber ever run any good sale prices? I don’t know if I could swing paying that much or convincing the wife.

Ah, You guys have me looking at Webers now!!

My 7yr old Char-Broil is sitting on the curb with its bottom completely rusted out. I need to buy a new grill very soon...does Weber ever run any good sale prices? I don’t know if I could swing paying that much or convincing the wife.
I bought mine at HD on 4th of july sale 100 bucks off

Is there a 4 burner spirit? $899 for the Genesis is pricey, but really think I need more space...

Need...want...it's all the same right?

Thanks for the nudge! Lol! What model is that? I got my OKJ Highland for 100 bucks off around memorial day, I wasn’t sure if Weber did that.
Genesis 310 , 3 burner no side burner . Before they changed the style to open bottom .

Well...I did something bad...

Bought a Genesis II SE410 in the smoke color. I bought it from the BBQGuys and the special edition comes with Stainless grates and flavor bars.

Seriously can’t wait...

Every firehouse I’ve worked in had a Weber Genesis sitting out back. I would say they were used on average about six times a week between lunch and dinner. Never covered, they got replaced about every 10-12 years. I’ve got a Weber Summit at home that I’ve had for over ten years that I probably use two to three times a week, and even though I rarely cover it, it’s still running well. I just tore it apart and cleaned everything and everything looks good.

Reactions: gitaryzt1985
If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move...

Does anyone have an opinion on the durability and longevity of Weber gas grills? I've been of the mindset that I would just buy the cheapest $200 grill every couple years because they all eventually wear out. Well, 12 years later, I imagine I've gone through 5 grills.

My latest grill was a $189 Charbroil. Lasted 2 years on the dot, and I just replaced the burners, grates, and rusted bits for about $120 in October. One burner has already gone out, and now the starter has given up the ghost.

So, I'm considering a Weber 3 burner Spirit or Genesis. If I can get 10 years out of it before the burners go out, I figure it will more than pay for itself. Yes, it will be covered/maintained, but do they give a more enjoyable grilling experience overall, such as better heat distribution and less hot spots?

I have never owned a weber gas. I have an almost all stainless Jenn-Aire made by Nextgrill. It has lasted 10 years and I finally replaced burners and grates with poorly made after market parts(my mistake). OEM would have been $400. If I had to do it over again, I would buy the best grill that has the best/most evenly heating burners and buy that one and hopefully not break the bank. My Jenn-air was $800 new but paid $300 on clearance with missing parts that Nexgrill replaced for free(great customer service). Originally, the jenn air was pretty even but now, the replacement burners have too many cold/cold spots. -Brian BTW, a lot of big name band appliance companies, rebrand Nex-Grill products. Oops... too late to the party. Enjoy

I am on my second Napoleon first one lasted 18 years and now this one is going on to season 4 in July. I keep mine covered and use at least 2 to 3 times a month. Hope this helps a bit.

PS Your Grill looks nice I am sure it will last a long time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky