Web Site Errors/Omissions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dave schiller

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 7, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I thought I posted this yesterday, but now can't find it.  I guess it didn't get posted, so I'll repeat it

Why is it many brand name stores display web sites aren't accurate and reliable?  Many times, I have searched for and located a particular item in a store, only to find that it's not there when I visit the store.  Sometimes the site says the store has x of the items, they are not there and the clerks are clueless.  The big box stores seem to be the most guilty.

An example:  I searched for "brisket" on the Costco site and it displays a large selection of expensive beef.  Like Wagyu, a 13 # roast for $1,200 and down to a package of hamburger patties for $85.  No mention of brisket, even though I bought a prime grade packer yesterday.  There was a large quantity in the store.

It's frustration.  Anyone else notice this?
confused.gif

It got you in the store.... Sorry we're out, BUT!!!! we have all this other stuff... Vent your displeasure to the store manager and on line, then tell everyone... I call first, get names, and if they don't have it, there's a 1 sided talk with a manager.  Typically its the people loading the website, and the manager will make it right with you...

I thought I posted this yesterday, but now can't find it.  I guess it didn't get posted, so I'll repeat it

It's frustration.  Anyone else notice this?
confused.gif
It's very common of this site, it took me 10 minutes to get my other post to take...

As Tropics posted, I moved the post to the appropriate forum - http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/266182/complaint-about-big-box-web-sites

We have many many different sub forums and I try to keep everything in their proper areas.  Otherwise, we would have chaos and a mumble-jumble of mixed-up posts, all in General Discussion.

That being said, if you find that I have moved something to a sub-forum and you don't agree with the move, then just pm me and i will do my best to reconsider the move!  

I find questions about Electric Smokers in General Discussion, posts about pork butts in General Discussion, meat rubs in General Discussion, etc. etc. and move them to their preferred locations.  Why?  People who frequent their favorite forums can better offer to help in those specific forums, like in Blowing Smoke Around The Smoker forum is for other than specific meat categories.  

Your primary question was concerning big box websites.  Meat related, but still about their websites.  Thank you for asking!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky