We had snow here yesterday....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yikes, I hope not.

Just got off the phone with my brother, he's just north of you. Told me the same thing. I agree, I hope its not a harbinger of things to come. It's actually been about the nicest summer we've had in a long time.

We actually need another winter like the last one or worse. Trying to get enough water to finish filling Lake Powell over in Utah. The lake came up enough so we could finally launch the boat at Hite on the north end of the lake. So long as the snow stays up high, I'm in good shape out here on the desert!

More proof of global warming.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

TT

Hey, Lisa,

How 'bout we make a deal, eh?

Since the western states need water really bad you can have all the snow this year. We will all donate our snowfall to your part of the country.

Vermont set records last year. I know 'cause I was pushing it outta the roads. The overtime was great but the rest of it plain old sucked!

So, we'll keep just enough for a white Christmas and y'all can keep the rest. Deal?

icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Cheers!

Hi, MotorHedd!

Is that your tractor? Nice lookin' rig! I spend my winters, and falls and springs winding up various diesel rigs making the roads better for rigs like yours.

Here in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont the roads are either up or down and left or right to include the section of I-91 my group is responsible for. Somehow we manage to get it right even after 18 or more hours at the wheel. (We are exempt from some of the DOT regs)

Thanks for the pics and happy motorin'!

Cheers!

Hi Monty!
I drove that pete for 4 years up until this july...just went back to work hauling raw milk to Long Island every day .Very familiar with your neck of the woods (My next favorite spot besides upstate NY :} ).The winters up your way get brutal but you guys do a great job of clearing the roads!
Here is a web site I jhust did for my Boss(also a good friend) not quite done but lemme know what you think.
www.spindlerbulktransport.com
Cheers also,
MH
icon10.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky