We Give Back SMF Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
As I sit here and think about the up coming holidays I have to remind myself of all the blessing that I have. Great wife and kids. Great Job. Great friends. But while thinking about all of these I think of my family and friends that may be struggling right now. So I have decided that I want to do my part and give back some to those that are in need.

What I am going to do is to give away some giftcards so that families in need can buy a nice thanksgiving dinner. I was only going to give 2 away but I contacted TulsaJeff and he is going to match what I am giving away. So as of now I have 4 GC's to give away.

What I am asking of our SMF family is to PM me if you are in a spot and could really use help. Or if you know anyone that you think would benefit from this offer you can nominate them instead. I will pick 4 people to give these GC's too. Please in your PM indicate what grocery stores are in your area so that I can purchase the proper GC. I also will need mailing addresses.

I hope that this offer will inspire others to realize the blessings that we all have and that you all will consider helping someone who is not as lucky as we are right now. I know I have received gifts like these before and its hard to accept if your a prideful person but it is also truly a blessing in a time of need.

Please submit all PM's to me by 11/19 as I want to get the GC's out by 11/20. If you have any questions please PM me.

Thanks everyone for being part of this great community.

One idea that might make life a tad easier on you is if you roll into your local bank you can get a pre-loaded Visa. Then you don't have to worry about the store type in each area.

PS - and great idea for offering a helping hand to folks in need!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Last edited:
Due to a donation from Todd we now have 5 GC's to give away.

Your a good man Brian and Jeff. Fortunate folks helpings others, thats a good thing.  In just saw Todd added to this, I don't want to forget anyone. The time difference messe's with me.

Last edited:
A good deed by great guys Thanks and Gracias to Brian and Jeff.

If any of you are near a base, the local grocers do fund raisers for military families. Our local Albertsons is 500 yards out the back gate of Camp Pendleton and in the first week we are at $15 K  for dinners - just another avenue to consider.

Brian you are truly a hero for what you do - Todd is also putting together a big donation campaign and thank to Jeff too

We now have 7 giftcards to give away thanks to donations by other members. Please PM me information if any of you is in need or know of anyone that could use this for the holidays.

good idea gary.........also if there is a way to get some to the families of our reservist that are deployed since their military pay is sometimes only a fraction of their civilian pay
If any of you are near a base, the local grocers do fund raisers for military families. Our local Albertsons is 500 yards out the back gate of Camp Pendleton and in the first week we are at $15 K  for dinners - just another avenue to consider.
well done, great thing to do!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to bump this so that everyone can see it. Please pm me if this can help you out this holiday or if you know someone(doesn't have to be a SMF member) that can use it. I know its hard to ask for help but please put the pride aside and ask if you need it.

Brian

icon_cool.gif

Now this is a great idea and kudo's goes out to you brian and Jeff for the matching. I think that you are one card short so here's another one.

Thanks Mark. Ok folks get the PM's to me so we can do some good this time of the year.

This is a wonderful offer.  There are folks that are out in this world less fortunate as others & this gesture defines who we are as human beings to those in need.  Brian & Jeff should be commended for their thoughts & actions.  This just goes to show why SMF is not only a site for information & camaraderie because the members think of others also. 

Brian, a quick question, Is Jeff' matching all the contributions you raise or just your original 2 cards you put up?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky