/waves from Gloucestershire, UK

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mooneh

Original poster
Aug 15, 2018
Yello there fellow smokers!

Pretty much a newbie with 10-ish cooks under my belt. Have been having fun this summer with a 47 (18.5) WSM I picked up second hand.

I'm still learning but hope to keep getting better.

I've smoked most of the common things but practice will make perfect...

Here's a pic of one of my first smokes - I went all out for all kinds of foods :)

My new favourite thing is smoking the rib offcuts then making some beans... amazing stuff!

IMG_0306.jpeg

Happy 'Q!

Reactions: cornman
Welcome to the forum. Holy cow, you went all in on one of your first smokes!! Congratulations, it all looks great. The WSM is a great cooker and relatively easy to learn on. Tons of amazing food coming out of WSMs and the folk on this site. Don't hesitate to ask questions or ask about issues. The people here are all more than willing to share their knowledge (and opinions). You couldn't ask for a better group of virtual friends.

As you mentioned, practice makes perfect. But this is a "hobby" where one never stops learning. I would recommend keeping notes about your cooks so you can refer back to them in an effort to get better and better.

And keep those awesome food pix coming!!

Reactions: mooneh
Welcome to SMF. You will have a great time with your Weber. Great advice here on the forums. Here is a pic of some ribs I did yesterday on my WSM22. Enjoy.

Attachments

• 2C976F19-26BE-4573-BE7C-E1E1AA8AB64C.jpeg
    2C976F19-26BE-4573-BE7C-E1E1AA8AB64C.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 4
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky