water tray

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jersey Jimbo

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 26, 2020
At the Shore
does anyone use a water box/tray in the pellet smoker will it effect the pellets thanks and I do ask a lot of questions, thats how ya learn.

I don't use a water tray in mine either. I don't see any reason why it would affect the pellets, unless you dump the water into your hopper!

Reactions: Jersey Jimbo
some of the pellet smokers are designed to use 1, you cant use a blanket statement to not use 1, on some they use it to help even temps out ect , have fun its addictive lol

OK thanks my manual does not state to use, so I will not my other wood smoker used one that's why I ask . And I would rather ask then screw something up

In theory it could be beneficial for pellet burners, but generally the airflow through the cooker is too high and the water pan won't raise the humidity in the cook chamber much. Vertical cabinets with a water pan above the firepot have the best implementation.

thanks all who replied no water pan then I do mist with apple cider/juice combo every 45 mins and that works for me

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky