Wanting a new Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sinner

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 2, 2016
I have had the Masterbuilt 40" Smoker for awhile and really like it but right now I'm wanting a bigger Smoker. Even though it has 4 racks I really don't like to use the bottom rack cause it's so close to the heating element and food can get burnt there. Was thinking about the Masterbuilt XL electric smoker but it takes Pellets....any body know about this smoker or any other smoker that I should look into getting?

How big do you want it? Electrics rely on little elements for heat. I have yet to see a much larger electric smoker than the MES that isn't commercial or really high priced.

I’m no pellet smoker guy but that looks impressive in the video. I’ve seen a few post about those pit boss 5 and 7 series pellet smokers that have a similar design. If it’s in your price range then it certainly looks capable and well thought out.

George

Reactions: sinner
Yeah I also like that beside obviously putting more in it the temp can go much higher at 350 for Chickens and Turkeys getting that crispy skin

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky