Waltons Grinder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kevinwi

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 8, 2014
Stevens Point, WI
While waiting for the Lang Smoker to arrive, I gave thought to making my own sausage.....sort of went back and forth on it.....Well, I would up buying an Amazon Fohere grinder ..... well...my buddy who hangs out on sausage forums told me to return it and buy a "real" grinder..... He showed me his Cabelas model.....way out of my price range......another buddy had a Waltons and loves it.....he has a #8. Talked to the other guy and he said he's heard good things about Waltons.....so I bought the #12.
I am now debating....they sell a One Shot head for a fine grind (dual grind) like breakfast sausage, snack sticks, etc.....it's a bit pricey in comparison to the cost of the unit......anyone ever use the One shot grinder head?

Reactions: leedcn
I use propane in my smoker until the temps are at about 160. Below that I just use propane weed burner pointed at wood. U will also need. Stuffer. I have the model 22 cabelas. It will grind 45 pounds of meat in about 3 minutes less. The regrind takes about 20 minuets. It costs me 550$ but I do sell about 25 pounds of pepperoni a week. The stuffer was 300$ 15 pounds stuffer. Wish I’d have got the 25 now but it works great. Just takes a minute to reload it.
IMG_8356.jpeg
IMG_7550.jpeg
IMG_8381.jpeg

I use propane in my smoker until the temps are at about 160. Below that I just use propane weed burner pointed at wood. U will also need. Stuffer. I have the model 22 cabelas. It will grind 45 pounds of meat in about 3 minutes less. The regrind takes about 20 minuets. It costs me 550$ but I do sell about 25 pounds of pepperoni a week. The stuffer was 300$ 15 pounds stuffer. Wish I’d have got the 25 now but it works great. Just takes a minute to reload it. View attachment 693486View attachment 693487View attachment 693488
Comes with stuffer tubes

Let us know how the grinder works as a stuffer. It will be a lot of extra time and kinda hard on the grinder because that fine stuff ain’t as lubricated as the whole chunks or first grind stuff and has a lot of air in it. The auger likes to be lubricated or mine starts making a funny noise

Reactions: kevinwi
Yea... If you search here you will find so many that TRIED to stuff with a grinder... doesn't work so well... They end up getting a dedicated stuffer... Which we will all strongly suggest you do...

In doing so.. I will also suggest that you look for a stuffer that has the tube coming out of the side of the can at the bottom... Strongly suggest you avoid the can with the tube coming out the bottom of the can with a 90 degree elbow... These leave a lot of meat in the 90 degree elbow that you can't get into the casing...

The LEM 5lb might bite stuffer is a good choice...

my two cents...spend the money on the pricer "larger than you need" grinder and dedicated stuffer....youll thank me later.... its salty at first but man its really convenient

Reactions: DEERMAKER
You guys suck the life out of my bank account.....🤣🤣

Bought LEM Stuffer, meat mixer...to go along with grinder...

And yet...no one answered the question I asked....lol

• Haha
Reactions: LakeErieSMKR
SmokinEdge SmokinEdge I believe has the dual grind head... I don't believe the exact one you referenced but still the same concept... he'll pop in and tell you about it...

Myself... I just go straight to the fine plate with meat partially frozen... Works like a charm... much quicker/easier than coarse grinding first...

... another buddy had a Waltons and loves it.....he has a #8. Talked to the other guy and he said he's heard good things about Waltons.....so I bought the #12.
I am now debating....they sell a One Shot head for a fine grind (dual grind) like breakfast sausage, snack sticks, etc.....it's a bit pricey in comparison to the cost of the unit......anyone ever use the One shot grinder head?
No experience with any of the dual grind options.
LEM has the dual grind feature, too.

I've been reading Rytek Kutas "Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing". He recommended fine grinding of meat and course grinding of fat in many recipes.

Reactions: kevinwi
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky