Wagyu chuck burnt ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nefarious

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2021
Seattle WA
I am having some people for dinner on tuesday and I think I have just enough meat. The meal will be about 5.5 lbs of strip loin roast and I'm feeding 9 people.

To make sure people are well fed, and the fact that I have never made them before I thought I would try chuck roast burnt ends as some candy for people to eat with cheese and wine before dinner. Costco has wagyu chuck roast, so I figured why not.

Question is, can I smoke this the day before to just before I add the sauce, rest and refrigerate and finish the day of the party?

Also, i only have a pellet grill and get best smoke at 150°. Is the constraint that I have to pay attention to is to have the surface of the meat at 140° in 4 hours or is it the center of the meat at 140° in the 4 hours?

You should be fine smoking the day before and then cube them up and finish them with some sauce in a pan on either a hot grill or oven on the day you are going to serve.

- Jason

I'd recommend cubing them up before you even start smoking them. There are a few other threads on this board showing success doing that, check it out!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky