Wagyu Brisket?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tex2az11

Original poster
Jun 30, 2017
After smoking 3-5 briskets this past year, and every single one coming out decent, a tid bit dry(choice cut) I think I am ready for the big leagues. Have y'all heard anything about Snake River Farms? Looking @ purchasing their Wagyu Gold Brisket. But for $200 want to make sure it's a decent cut

I have heard great things about SNF brisket and its what all the big boys use in competition. But for my money if I'm going to spend $200 on meat (which i do on occasion) i would get a whole Prime rib roast AND a whole beef tenderloin. I like brisket but i love steak (so to each their own). They say the wagyu brisket is easier to cook, but i make a really good brisket mostly and i use select most of the time ( its all i can get here at a decent price).

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Snake River Farms is the place to go for Wagyu brisket!
It definitely is on my bucket list!
I just got a Berkshire belly for bacon, so next is Berkshire Babybacks and a Wagyu brisket.
I have seen photo's of the Wagyu briskets & the marbling in them is unbelievable.
It would probably be a one time thing for me & for a special occasion, but something I will do before I die!
Al

I've done a SNF brisket, wagyu gold. Treated myself to it one time. Competition pit masters (like Myron Mixon) swear by them. It was really good but to be honest it wasn't THAT much better than a good Prime brisket you can get at various big box joints or grocery stores. But hey, go for it, you only go around once in life !

FYI they have a buy 3 get the 4th free sale going on. Go ahead and really splurge :)

srfbeef-goldbrisket-raw_1.jpg

I bought a Wagyu Prime Rib for Christmas this year and it was Awesome ! cooked it on my smoker.

I have found one place that sells Prime Brisket and that's Costco for around 10$/pound, so i figured for the extra $ why not try Wagyu, which I have never actually had before, just to compare... haha 4 Briskets, are you trying to have me sleeping with the dogs?!

Mother of god 10 a pound?!!!!! Last time i went to costco here it was 4 a pound and i was complaining about that!!!!No lie prime briskets are a LOT better than choice. I hate to admit it but once you smoke one its kinda hard to go back to regular briskets unless its for pastrami where the fat isnt needed.

Shoot, I spent $200 on meat and accessories for my new dehydrator, and Grandma crapped a long worm.
If I spent that much on one hunk, she'd likely put ME on the Barby...

Well funny thing happened. Our Sam's club is one of 60 closing, and they had 25% off entire store.. guess who picked up 4 briskets

Being in Idaho, I buy a lot of SRF meat. You will be very happy with your brisket. They have a couple of ranchers under contract that grow nothing but Waygu. I've tried coulotte, flat iron and NYS cuts. I was able to cut them with a fork and the flat iron was too marbled for me. Think beef butter.

Snake River Farms is the place to go for Wagyu brisket!
It definitely is on my bucket list!
I just got a Berkshire belly for bacon, so next is Berkshire Babybacks and a Wagyu brisket.
I have seen photo's of the Wagyu briskets & the marbling in them is unbelievable.
It would probably be a one time thing for me & for a special occasion, but something I will do before I die!
Al

Try www.coloradocraftbuchers.com, huge fan!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky