Wagyu Beef Tallow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MileHiGuy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 24, 2019
Denver, Colorado
I'm going to smoke a brisket this weekend and I'm going to wrap it in Beef Tallow at the end. I was wondering if anyone else has done this and the results. I got this stuff recently as a gift and wanted to try it out.

Attachments

• IMG_0845.jpg
    IMG_0845.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 8
I'm going to smoke a brisket this weekend and I'm going to wrap it in Beef Tallow at the end. I was wondering if anyone else has done this and the results. I got this stuff recently as a gift and wanted to try it out.
There are several here that use it and put out some great looking brisket. It is on my list of things to try. From what I understand, it works great on wrapped brisket. I'm sure they will be along to post later.

Reactions: MileHiGuy
I was by Proud Souls in Littleton, CO just a bit ago and was told to melt it and pour it over the brisket when I wrap it. I'm doing an overnight smoke in my WSM. I'll probably be wrapping it in about 18 hours I guess...depending on the temp. If anyone else has any other experience, let me know. Thanks.

I used regular tallow in the wrap a couple of weeks ago for the first time.
I let it warm then coated the pink paper. Can't say for sure this was the difference but definitely my best brisket to date.

Keith

I used regular tallow in the wrap a couple of weeks ago for the first time.
I let it warm then coated the pink paper. Can't say for sure this was the difference but definitely my best brisket to date.

Keith
Good to know, Keith. We will see how this turns out. I'll post back with results.

I’ve been doing the Wagyu tallow in a wrap and as a binder for seasoning for a few months now. I smear it on butcher paper before wrapping and we love the results. I’ve never needed to melt it ahead of time, just a smear and the heat of the meat does it’s thing. Make sure the smear is on top when resting. It may be a recent fad, but we like it and don’t care, sometimes fads stick around for a reason. Gives really nice additional flavor and mixes well when slicing to elevate even cheaper pieces of meat. Hard to beat Wagyu tallow. We use it a lot now.

I use it on Brisket, Beef ribs and chuck. I put it in a can so it takes on smoke and then I pour it on when I wrap.

I swear it makes the flat amazing and the chuck pull apart like pork butts.

I'm always amazed how the beef just soaks it up.

I appreciate the feedback. The Brisket is on. 8.13 lbs I'll wrap it tomorrow when the time is right. I'll just smear some tallow on the butcher paper when I wrap it. I also put a foil pan on the lower grate to catch the juices. I'll use those in the future... thanks for the advice!

Attachments

• IMG_0847.jpg
    IMG_0847.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0848.jpg
    IMG_0848.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0849.jpg
    IMG_0849.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 6
I smoked the brisket overnight in my 22" WSM. The temp stayed fairly consistent at around 250 with no need for me to do anything. I love that aspect of it. Now the brisket is wrapped in the tallow and resting. It was cooking on the smoker for about 16 hours. About 2hrs per pound - 8.13lbs. I pulled it out when the temp was about 201. You can see the smoker temp in channel 6 below and channels 1-3 are all meat probes in inserted into the brisket. I got this info from the Fireboard 2.0 thermometer.

I switched the thermometer over to my Hasty Bake grill and I'm using that now to cook some cowboy beans and brownies to go with dinner.

1655056239639.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky