Vortex Ribeye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That’s a great looking steak for sure! Love the sides with it too. Looks very satisfying and filling.

Thanks xray xray , made my $4.75lb ribeye taste about as good for anything you could get for five times as much. Whenever I spend more than five bucks a pound for beef it bothers the hell out of me, and doesn't taste as good as it could, but that's just me. RAY

Great looking meal Ray!

Thank you Jim, and thanks for the Like, it is greatly appreciated. RAY

I love my Vortex for doing all kinds of chicken, looks like I'm going to try it for steak now.

Now you've got some time guidelines, go for it and see what works for you, then make adjustments. I like a steak rare, do yours the way you like. RAY

Reactions: xray
Johnny Ray Johnny Ray , ain't that a co-ink-ee-dink!. My name is Raymond John, and thanks for the Like!

TNJAKE TNJAKE , thanks for the Like Jake, much appreciated.

E Electric88 . "Oooo, baby watch my 88!". Thanks for the Like, much appreciated

WOW RAY!! Those look fantastic sir. You're killing it buddy. Every time I see you post something like this I come closer and closer to losing that bet. I'm not sure I will be able to restrain myself if I for 7 more months keep seeing posts like this. Beautiful job buddy and a top notch dinner for sure.

LIKE!!
Robert

Reactions: sawhorseray
Looks great Ray. Cooked perfectly. The sides look delicious too! Enjoy! Mike

Thanks Mike, the leftover hunk made for a nice steak and eggs breakfast, and thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

WOW RAY!! Those look fantastic sir. You're killing it buddy. Every time I see you post something like this I come closer and closer to losing that bet. I'm not sure I will be able to restrain myself if I for 7 more months keep seeing posts like this. Beautiful job buddy and a top notch dinner for sure. LIKE!! Robert

Well Robert seeing as I have a little Blackstone griddle exactly like yours coming next week it would only seem right if you went and got a kettle! Of course I'll be talking to you about some griddle tips before you know it. Thanks for the Like amigo, much appreciated. RAY

Last edited:
Beautiful steak, RAY. I've never sous vide, but do love a charcoal grilled steak.

You can turn them upside down and move them off to the side to do different indirect cooks, they really open up what can be done on a kettle.

I don't think I've fired up my Kettle without the Vortex since I got mine. I've done several variations of use, except smoking. Guess I'll try setting it off to the side with the small hole up. 2-3 wood chunks covered with cold charcoal, then 4-6 hot briqs on top and set the bottom vents almost closed. Hmmmm.

I don't know if they'll work as good for a slow cook as the SnS Ray, but it's certainly worth a try! Thanks for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky