VETERANS HELP!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My smoker is charcoal, and I've been using natural charcoal and mostly applewood and hickory with the charcoal. Any woods give better flavors than others? Certain charcoals burn hotter/cleaner than others? Another buddy smokes and on occasion tries to get pecan because he swears it gives the best flavors. Any other ideas/preferences or favorites out there I should try?
I fire mine up with Charcoal put keep it going with Apple Wood for this turkey smoke. I have uploaded photos of my smoker if you want to have a look at it.

Paul.

The ones you are using a certainly good, I to like pecan, availability is good here, most any of the fruit woods do a good job.

Gary

I have to say I'm extremely impressed with the feedback/knowledge already. THANK YOU ALL. And please keep the info coming. I love it and just after the first couple smokes I've done thought I was getting obsessed, but I feel I'm in the "right" company now.

S2K9K,
Variety is very scarce where I am, basics mesquite hickory apple cherry oak and some pecan chips. I've mostly been using chunks. Any online suppliers I should check out for more exotics?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky