Venison

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bj Howard

Original poster
Jan 16, 2019
Bay City, MI
My first attempt at making venison snack sticks turned out awesome! The only problem I have is keeping them away from everybody so I have some to take fishing! Next are going to be venison jumbalaya snack sticks.

Attachments

• IMG_20190922_202941273.jpg
    IMG_20190922_202941273.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 54
Looks good did you use a kit or homemade seasoning. The venison jambalaya sounds interesting care to elaborate on the seasoning

I made the sticks using a kit but the jambalaya sticks seasoning is one I am making up. I'm putting in different kinds of peppers and seasonings. When I get it together I will post what I used and how it came out. Probably the end of the week.

Reactions: crazzycajun
Al'rigbt, good to hear/see, nice job.
Like!

Man if you want to keep them snack sticks for yourself, you're going to have to be a scrooge and get miserly with them.
Hide them bad boys or they will disappear.
I made 18 chubs of hickory stick too and I gave that to people to try instead of all my snack sticks. I vacuum packed the sticks in bags to take fishing and hid them underneath some turkeys in the freezer! lol

Reactions: crazzycajun
I made 18 chubs of hickory stick too and I gave that to people to try instead of all my snack sticks. I vacuum packed the sticks in bags to take fishing and hid them underneath some turkeys in the freezer! lol
Don’t feed the bears and for darn sure don’t give them any bacon

Reactions: Bj Howard
Yours look great, but problem is looks are only casing deep.
No offense, but all commercial recipes of venison snack sticks I dislike and won't use due to over salted and the spice blend.

i'm really intrigued on your Jambalaya twist. Are you planning to regrind after adding the trinity and rice?

I agree on the commercial products but this one is actually very good and not over spiced. It's nice and mild and we'll balanced. I do plan on regrinding after adding everything. I was hoping to get at it this weekend but other things came up so I plan on next weekend

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky