Venison Snack Sticks..help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokerNovice

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 2, 2018
Made a batch of sticks yesterday, and not totally happy with the results. Used AC Legg tex-mex blend. I followed the directions exact. Added the correct amount of cure, etc. They seemed to come out a bit too salty. Any other brands of seasoning you guys prefer? Second question.. I was trying to get the sticks to an IT of 156 in my master built electric smoker. After about 5-6 hours, it stalled at 151. Couldn't get it higher. Is this a common problem, and what are the fixes? Thanks so much guys.

What did you have your smoker set at, do you use a independent thermometer, masterbuilts thermometers are known to be off.

120 for first hour, 140 for the next, 160 next, and highest I went was 175. Had it at 175 for over an hour and it wouldn't budge passed 151. I used the masterbuilt one, and also an instant read digital, got the same 151 reading on both.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky