Venison Sirloin Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbo_c

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 23, 2020
Just started a venison sirloin roast for tomorrow’s supper. Should get 26 hours or so.

No pictures yet. Just tossed it in a bag with a pack of Lipton onion soup mix a’la BearCarver and we’ll see what happens.

Cooking at 131.5F.

Will update tomorrow.

Jbo

Reactions: fftwarren
It was excellent. Maybe not as tender as I expected, but more than tender enough. I’ve had tougher blackstrap, so really not complaining.

Details:
Whole venison sirloin trimmed, maybe 1.5 pounds.

Rub one envelope Lipton onion soup mix onto roast. Seal and cook at 131.5 for 26 hours.

Remove from bag. Rub/scrape onions from roast back into bag. Reserve liquid in bag.

rub roast with fresh cracked black pepper.

Sear all sides of roast. Set on rack to rest.

Drain any remaining oil from pan and deglaze with quarter cup of red wine.

Reduce the wine to half and add contents of the sous vide bag and a half cup of water. Return to a boil and thicken with roux to desired consistency.

Last edited:
Pictures:

DE2CA321-CE08-40EE-92DA-AB7772B5925E.jpeg
6C45DA51-80DA-4827-8046-3EED76D58371.jpeg
FFF34373-7637-4D37-8972-D5707EDA7232.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky