Venison Sausage Meatloaf And Hassleback Potatoes (Pic Heavy)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
North Dakota
Meatloaf time -
1.5# venison/pork sausage lightly seasoned with Holly Seasoning /Waltons
3/4 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
2/3 cup milk
2 Tsp Killer Hog
2 eggs
20210418_104422.jpg

Sauteed: allowed to cool.
1 medium onion
1/2 cup portabella mushrooms
3 Tbsp minced garlic
20210418_102113.jpg

Mixed sauteed goods with sausage , and then mixed in other ingredients.
20210418_105016.jpg

Saran wrap loaf pan, put in half of mix. Layer of shredded cheese then rest of sausage. Wrap top and into fridge for 3 hrs.
20210418_105803.jpg

MES 40 preheating 240° with tube of 50/50 Pecan & Mesquite in mailbox.
Ready for the smoker, cheese topper.
20210418_140418.jpg

Hassleback potatoes ( microwave 3 mins, allow to cool) Iwith butter, garlic powder, kosher salt CBP
20210418_134719.jpg

20210418_135207.jpg

Raised temp to 250° then 270°. Meatloaf was a little thicker than anticipated so was taking its sweet time. Just about 4 hrs to get to temp. ( higher temps start to finish next time )
20210418_173726.jpg

Plated with some green beans.
Side note; ( Potatoes would benefit from higher temps also) very middle could use extra heat.
20210418_174259.jpg

those potatoes look good. I usually cheat and nuke mine a little bit before they go on also. We’re they on for the whole cook

Many thanks Winterrider. Fantastic, start to finish. This is exactly what I love about this forum, very informative and educational posts! Posts like this turn newbies into suppertime heroes. Very, very well documented. I mean, it looks so good I think I can taste it. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Meatloaf looks premo. Just discovered hassleback potatoes last year and are my new favorite. Yours look great. My favorite addition to what you have is adding some shredded parm or Asiago and minced fresh oregano.

Reactions: Plinsc
Man you nailed it! Very informative and a fine looking plate! Nice job!

Ryan

those potatoes look good. I usually cheat and nuke mine a little bit before they go on also. We’re they on for the whole cook
Yes , they we're on for entire smoke. Nuked a bit more and could get by with a just a couple hrs. Need to cool down completely to slice cleanly though.
Many thanks Winterrider. Fantastic, start to finish. This is exactly what I love about this forum, very informative and educational posts! Posts like this turn newbies into suppertime heroes. Very, very well documented. I mean, it looks so good I think I can taste it. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
Thank you and also for the like !
Meatloaf looks premo. Just discovered hassleback potatoes last year and are my new favorite. Yours look great. My favorite addition to what you have is adding some shredded parm or Asiago and minced fresh oregano.
Thank you, I agree some additional toppings next goes round.
Yumm
What's your meat mix?
Meat mix was 50/50 venison and pork butt. Did about 30# earlier as we were running low on beef burger.
Man you nailed it! Very informative and a fine looking plate! Nice job!
Thanks Ryan, and for the like. . .
That is some kind of goodness there!
Thanks Brian, appreciate it.
JLeonard JLeonard , Johnny Ray Johnny Ray , thank you guys for the likes. Much appreciated.

Reactions: Plinsc
Great looking meal and write up .
I like the method too . Points for sautéing the veg before mixing in .

Absolutely fantastic!! Beautiful meal and a superb presentation. I'd be all over that meatloaf in a heartbeat.

Robert

Awesome job and a great post of your step by step.

Warren
Thank you Warren and for the like.
Great looking meal and write up .
I like the method too . Points for sautéing the veg before mixing in .
Thanks Chop and much appreciated.
Absolutely fantastic!! Beautiful meal and a superb presentation. I'd be all over that meatloaf in a heartbeat.
Robert
Thanks Robert, that loaf is one of the tastiest ones I've done. Thanks for the like.
Oh my, what a wonderful meal!
Everything looks delicious!
Nicely done!
Al
Thank you Al, and for the like !
kruizer kruizer , JLeonard JLeonard , Fueling Around Fueling Around , Thank you all for the likes , greatly appreciated.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky