Venison Fattie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texomakid

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 6, 2017
Lake Texoma
I finally joined the Fattie Revolution!!! I acquired 2 lbs of ground East Texas Whitetail and figured it would be perfect for this 1st attempt. It was about 95% lean and of really good quality. Bacon weave was made with Brookshires thick cut bacon. Kept it simple with Fresh graded sharp cheddar, Fresh diced Jalapeños, and diced yellow onion. Gave it all a light dusting of Meatchurch Holy Cow and Killer Hogs AP rubs. Fired up the Yoder with my Hickory/Cherry pellet combo and off we go @ 250°. After 2 hours I add the Portobello mushrooms and ran the cooker it for another hour staying @ 250° for the entire 3 hours. Fattie finished up @ 170° IT.
Few slices of fresh Hass Avocados and it was a really nice combination. Pics added for your viewing pleasure :)
tempImageMZa2YO.png

tempImagerCAI2a.png

tempImagef9lIK8.png

tempImageAOIfMN.png

I now see what all the buzz is about. Anything wrapped in bacon gets my attention. This all worked well together with a nice aroma from the Cherry/Hickory smoke was a perfect match. Might of been my first Fattie, but it won't be my last :)
Thanks for looking

Beautiful!! That's a good a looking fattie as I've seen. Can only imagine it was a fantastic flavor combination. Well done!!

Robert

Congratulations on popping your fattie cherry. It looks and sounds great.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky