venison dried beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
In the oven still drying. IT 150

Lookin good man !

beercheer.gif

I am ready for it to be done.

9 pm its gonna be done no matter what

Done. In the smoker at 9 am yesterday , in the oven at 9:30 pm yesterday and done at 6:30 pm today. Someone will have to do the math for me.

Maybe tonight it will get sliced.

I didnt get it sliced but I whipped out my super sharp knife.  I had to try some.

This turned out perfect.  DRY like we like.  You can see how dry it is by the way the meat cracks when it is bent.

Gonna shave this super thin for SOS or just to snack on.

I got the idea from Bear..

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/101317/smoked-venison-dried-beef

All thou I changed the cook time, I used the same cure, brown sugar.

Thanks Bear.

Thanks Case.

One thing is it shouldn't go bad til it gets there.

Its cured and dried.

Hey Adam!

I'm glad you gave me a heads-up about this fantastic post!  And great timing on this too, as my husband is heading off to deer camp next week.  With any luck he'll bring home a white-tail and I can try this out on one of the hind quarters.  Were these hindquarters deboned?  You did a really nice job on them, they look great. And I love the color on that dried venison!

I really enjoyed reading your post, thanks so much for sharing your process!  And great pictures, too.

Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Clarissa

Yes it was de boned. Once deboned you kinda have chunks of muscles that I then seperated.

Nice job Adam, looks damn good ! Glad it turned out the way ya like it !

:points1:

:beercheer:

That looks great and I am sure it has a nicer texture than taking to an IT of 180°F...JJ

I didnt get it sliced but I whipped out my super sharp knife.  I had to try some.

This turned out perfect.  DRY like we like.  You can see how dry it is by the way the meat cracks when it is bent.

Gonna shave this super thin for SOS or just to snack on.

I got the idea from Bear..

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/101317/smoked-venison-dried-beef

All thou I changed the cook time, I used the same cure, brown sugar.

Thanks Bear.
It looks GREAT! I could eat that all day.

points1.png

Happy smoken.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky