Venison Boudin..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sam3

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
Byram Twp., New Jersey
Man, I haven't posted a cook in a while and was really looking to make something different. Getting tired of eating the same 'ol, same 'ol.

So I decided to make Boudin, with Venison.

BTW, I've never made Boudin before... 

I started with this:
2.15 lb Venison Roast (from my NY buck this year)
1.5 lb pork butt
1 lb chicken livers
And the veggies of course.

Cut everything up into 1" cubes, threw it all into a heavy stockpot and covered with 2" of water. Simmered for @1.5 hrs or so.

Strained the meat and veggies and reserved 2 cups of the stock. All this went into the refrig overnight.

Yesterday, I ground the meat and veggies through the fine plate.

Added 2 cups of cooked long grain rice, 1 cup of parsley, 1 cup of green onions, 3 TBS salt & 2 tsp Blk pepper.

Also added 2 tsp of Guajillo chili powder and 3TBS Cajun Seasoning.

Mixed real well.

Some Boudin for the freezer. 

I reserved some ground Boudin for a quick snack. 
Rolled these up around a 1" cube of Pepperjack cheese. Then an eggwash, flour dredge, eggwash and Panko bread crumb dredge.

I let these set up in the refrig for a few hours.

Cold snowy night on the deck. 

Using the Vortex filled with 3/4 full of Kingsford.

And the turn.

Served with homemade Bang Bang Sauce!

This was incredible..

Bang Bang sauce was 1/2 cup of Mayo, 1/4 cup of Sweet Chili Sauce, 1 TBS Franks Hot Sauce and 2TBS of Honey.

Thanks for looking!

Sam, Nice looking sausage, looks like a real winner !
points.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky