Venison Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Agree with chopsaw. Nothing like meatloaf. Couple of twists on the ground venison bacon.
1. I try and use some pork jowl. First time went with 50% venison and 50% pork jowl. What a greasy mess in the MES 40. But possibly the best ground venison bacon I've ever had. Tough to find pork jowl so I cut it back to maybe 15% jowl, 35% pork butt, 50% venison. Still better than 50% pork butt-50% venison.
2. Tried stuffing it in 3 inch and 4 inch bologna casings. Like this better than the pans. 3 inch perfect for breakfast sandwich on English muffin and 4 inch great on a bagel. Either size works for a great BLT!

I've only tried Curlys.

Is it true bacon? No, put when you fry it up it tastes great. And again like chopsaw says, its a great way to get the most out of the deer we take each year!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky