Venison Bacon finished pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I don't use Hi Mt BBB cure & seasoning, since my first BBB.

I use the same stuff I use for curing my Bacon. I didn't last time, but I would give it an extra day or two in curing time than the bacon gets.

Bear

I plan on using the last of my hi mt. cure and then will trying some of my own.  I just bought a full pork loin and put two seperate chunks in for cure.  One of them with shooters cure that I got from the wiki and the second with my own for a trial.

I plan on using the last of my hi mt. cure and then will trying some of my own.  I just bought a full pork loin and put two seperate chunks in for cure.  One of them with shooters cure that I got from the wiki and the second with my own for a trial.
That's the way to do it. Try different ways to find what you like the best.

Just remember not to change too many variables to tell what caused what you liked or disliked.

That's probably the biggest mistake made with things like this.  
biggrin.gif

Bear

OK I am a dummy but I do not know how ya`ll are calling that loin Bacon ????

That's not exactly right. I even said Canadian Bacon myself the one time, but...........

If it's the loin from a pig, it can be made into Canadian Bacon, so you would think if it's from the loin of a deer, it could be called Venison Canadian Bacon, but it isn't anything like Canadian Bacon.

So I would have to say even if it's from the loin of a deer, it is Venison Dried Beef, just like it is from a Deer hind quarter. IMO

Bear

That's not exactly right. I even said Canadian Bacon myself the one time, but...........

If it's the loin from a pig, it can be made into Canadian Bacon, so you would think if it's from the loin of a deer, it could be called Venison Canadian Bacon, but it isn't anything like Canadian Bacon.

So I would have to say even if it's from the loin of a deer, it is Venison Dried Beef, just like it is from a Deer hind quarter. IMO

Bear

I was actually pretty surprised that it did end up tasting alot like bacon.  It tasted the same as the Buck Board Bacon I made with the pork shoulder.  I brought the temp to 140 only and still fry it in a pan until it is a little crispy.  When I told the wife to try it I didn't tell her what it was or what the cure was and she was positive it was pork bacon.   

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky