Valen./ Anniver. Supper ( Cured Smoked Chicken in a Pastry Bag )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I need that potato bread stuffing in my life

We always make this stuffing with a turkey . Funny my wife's family and my family made almost exact same , before we even meet.
When we make it now , we use 10 pounds of potatoes, it makes a lot. But we love our turkey and stuffing sandwiches.

So for the small amount I made yesterday just for 1 meal.
4 med sized potatoes - boiled than mashed
4-5 cups of lightly dried sliced bread - diced up in small cubes
4-5 tablespoons butter
1/2 large onion diced small ( approx.1/2 cup),
1 stalk celery diced very small ( approx. 1/4 cup )
salt to taste
1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon Summer Savory, not sure where you are ,
if you can get this. It is an east coast thing. My son lives in BC Canada . We send it out to him
mix all really well. Bake in the over 350deg. for 30-40 minutes.
When we are having Turkey I always pour a little juice from the roasting pan on top while it is cooking. But not needed for this

Hope this makes sense, if not give me a shout

David

Happiest of anniversaries and congrats on the longevity of the relationship. I absolutely love the concept of what you did here. Creative, fun, unique, and the bread must go well with the chicken so no additional starch component needed. Extremely well done David!!

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Happiest of anniversaries and congrats on the longevity of the relationship. I absolutely love the concept of what you did here. Creative, fun, unique, and the bread must go well with the chicken so no additional starch component needed. Extremely well done David!!

Robert

Thank you Robert for the like and the comment

Yes she is a keeper, or I should say glad she will keep me.

Yes very fun to spend the day snowed in doing this with Mona around.
As for the starch content, the stuffing is 50/50 potato and bread . Very filling meal

Thanks again Robert

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky