Vac Sealer RIP

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So, what do chamber vacuum sealers do that is different that a Foodsaver ?
It vacuum seals bags of liquid since it evacuates the air from the chamber, not the bag the liquid stays put, there is no sucking from the bag. Sauces, soups, stews, meat with brine in the bag etc. They are also typically duty rated for continuous use, they evacuate much more air and the bags are much cheaper since you don't need to have the embossed bags.

As I mentioned though, we used a food saver for a very long time and it's true, "where there is a will, there is a way" :) The cons of a chamber sealer are initial cost, size, and weight.

Reactions: chopsaw
That is brutal, we couldn't function in this kitchen without one. When we got married nearly 30 years ago we were gifted a basic food saver. It died about 5 years ago - what a run but I went ahead and replaced it with an Avid Armor Ultra chamber machine and couldn't be happier. A world of difference as far as what you can do. We also picked up another American harvest clam shell sealer for those quick tasks. If room and budget permits I suggest a chamber vacuum sealer to anyone.

That LEM is a great clam shell sealer.
Which model Avid Armor Ultra chamber machine did you buy? I'm looking at three models in their lineup that are all pretty close in size: USV20, USVX and USV32. I'm leaning towards the USV32 because it has a metal interior and is slightly larger than the other two.

Which model Avid Armor Ultra chamber machine did you buy? I'm looking at three models in their lineup that are all pretty close in size: USV20, USVX and USV32. I'm leaning towards the USV32 because it has a metal interior and is slightly larger than the other two.
The USV32. Have had it a few years and have been happy with it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky