Vac-Sealed Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
Well Today a Big Craving for Brisket washed over me. So I dug around in the Freezer and
Low and Behold I found a chunk of Brisket. (Actually I knew it was there) just been saving it.
I let it thaw for a while then into the pot of boiling water to heat up. My wife had made some
Tater Salad earlier so that was perfect for supper.

Here are a few pics

Brisket Chunk in the pot getting warm
IMG_1032.jpg

Ready to Sliced Up
IMG_1033.jpg

It was almost to tender to slice
IMG_1034.jpg

My plate, Brisket with a little BBQ sauce and Tater Salad with Tony's sprinkled all over the top. Tasty, Tasty
IMG_1035.jpg

This is WHY you should cut off a chunk of Brisket and Vac-Seal it

Thanks

Gary

Has to be one of the best Boil-in-a-Bag meals out there. Great Job

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: martin1950
Thanks Chris

Gary

Great minds and all that. I took a smoked flat out of the freezer yesterday. We had a hankering for chopped bbq baked potatoes. Date on it was 7/2018. Let it defrost naturally, sliced some off for instant gratification, then sliced a chunk off to chop up. Taters were great!

My problem was that was my last chunk. I'll have to smoke another one

Gary

OMG!!!
Could I ever make some Awesome Sammies out of that !!!
Wish I had some of that hiding in a corner in my Freezer!!!
Looks Mighty Tasty, Gary!!
Like.

Bear

Lookin good Gary! I just vac sealed some brisket myself and froze for a later date. When I cook a whole packer, Mrs. Red and I don't put much of a dent in it for just the two of us, even after having two or three meals out of it. So the rest is always vac sealed and frozen for one of those times when, like you, a brisket craving gets flung on us.

Like!
Red

Lookin good Gary! I just vac sealed some brisket myself and froze for a later date. When I cook a whole packer, Mrs. Red and I don't put much of a dent in it for just the two of us, even after having two or three meals out of it. So the rest is always vac sealed and frozen for one of those times when, like you, a brisket craving gets flung on us.

Like!
Red

LOL---Sounds familiar---So many things we eat for 3 or 4 days, and freeze the rest!!!

Bear

If I hadn't been pressed for time I would have used my SV to warm it up.

Gary

I just checked the corner of my freeze, Yup...no brisket :emoji_disappointed:

That meal looks great. I could really go for some now!

We did have the same plates Bearcarve has but we changed a couple of years ago. That stuff last forever

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky