Vac Bags

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rob242

Original poster
Nov 7, 2019
I have a Food Saver Vac System
I use it when I make bacon ect. wet cure is there a vacuum zipper bag large enough to do this with?
I just want to use it to get the air out of the bag with out getting brine in the vac sys.

The reason I am looking for zip lock vac bags is when I use wet cure I can draw out most of the air with out fighting to seal it in the sealer the zip lock bags I've used have all leaked.
And the bags I would like are reusable.

These are the only zip lock vac bags that I am aware of. LEM has them in QT and GAL size but you still have to seal them in you vac sealer. The zip lock is used after you cut off the seal. But I suppose you can use the bag as a zip lock and after draining out the brine, seal it in the normal fashion.

With zip lock bags I've always double bagged to ensure this doesn't happen. A lot cheaper then vac seal bags. If when you lay the bags in the fridge make sure the zip lock is on top. Since doing that. I've never had a problem.

What Steve H Steve H said put them in a disposable pan seam up.I only use 1 bag doing it that way & it makes it easier to carry.
Richie

Found this here for vac cure

Are you using a brine cure, or a dry cure.
If it's a dry cure I use a vac bag & just let the liquid that is formed absorb back into the meat. If it's a brine cure then a big ziplock bag works best. I use a big pan & tie the top with butcher twine.
1577796353511.png

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky