V shaped fire management basket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice! I have mine also

Attachments

• 20200926_015335.jpg
    20200926_015335.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: kevin james
Picked mine up from LSG. It does work quite well meaning that it channels the coal bed into a nice even pile, enabling a fresh split to fully ignite quicker than usual. Fuel consumption is marginally better. The big benefit to me is I spend less time waiting for the split to fully ignite and getting the firebox door closed much quicker.
The only issue I have is at the time of purchase, LSG offered it in 2 sizes custom built for their firebox. Im using it in a Lang 48. The large one is about an inch too long and the small one (which I use) is about 3 inches too small for a full split. It all works out nicely because I cut my splits down a few inches and I get perfectly sized wood chunks for my WSM ! The chunks come in handy when my coal bed starts getting a little light. I add in a few chunks and my coal bed is back to where I like it. The other benefit for me is the smaller splits I use allows me to keep my temps between 240° and 260°.

Reactions: Paulie Walnuts 440
I would be very interested in a review. After cooking for two solid days I built something similar in thought but much much less extreme In angle.
54233A2E-B76C-4F96-AE96-092A284F8E64.jpeg

I started to go deeper but wasn’t sure how well it would burn.

My thinking was along the lines of keeping the coals and wood more organized and concentrated.

I'm always having to move unburnt split ends to the center.

I would be very interested in a review. After cooking for two solid days I built something similar in thought but much much less extreme In angle.
View attachment 494685
I started to go deeper but wasn’t sure how well it would burn.

My thinking was along the lines of keeping the coals and wood more organized and concentrated.

I'm always having to move unburnt split ends to the center.

I think the basket has done very well. I have 4 cooks using it now and it seems to use less wood and the temps seem to stay more steady once I get it set. There is a little learning curve but I think I will definitely Like it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky