Using AMNPS in the fog

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richard cameron

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 14, 2016
Sacramento California
How well does the AMNPS work in fog? I have an offset stick burner and need to cold smoke some bacon. The bacon has been curing for 13 days now, and the weather forecast is for overnight fog for the next few days. How do I proceed?

I had issues twice in the last week keeping my AMNPS tray lit when it was foggy and raining. Dry your pellets out really well in the microwave and keep an eye on the smoke volume. Not sure if my issue was the pellets as I didn't dry them in the micro as other flavors of the same brand have been burning well so I didn't dry these or if it was all the moisture in the air.

Reactions: Peter Plantec
I think as long as you have a good draft & air flow you will be alright.
Keep the stack and dampers open all the way & put the Amnps against the back wall of the firebox under the CC.
The tube works really well in my Lang.
Al

Thanks Dave and Al, the fog isn’t so heavy today. I placed my AMNPS to the back of the firebox under the CC like Al said to do. I have plenty of draft under the AMNPS to keep it lit. I will keep you posted as to my results.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky