Using a side fire box as a smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gotbags-10

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
Indy
Need something small and portable so I was thinking about picking up one of the Chargriller side fire boxes to use as a smoker. I was thinking put a pretty hefty piece of steel plate in there as a heat deflecter and throw my party Q controller on the side. Anybody using these little guys as smokers?

My only thing is I would like to be able to smoke ribs or a brisket and it's a lot more challenging with the wsm mini

My only thing is I would like to be able to smoke ribs or a brisket and it's a lot more challenging with the wsm mini

yes.. you have to cut them in half (or wrap ribs in a circle) ... works fine for me as the wife likes hers foiled and sauced and I like mine just dry rubbed (no foil) ...

I have a chargriller.. Super pro model. I bought the side box you are taking about. I smoked a pork loin and some spare ribs. It worked pretty good. I'd recommend it. Check out the chargriller owners group forum.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky