Upgraded OKJ Highland Reverse Flow Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Wasi

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 23, 2017
Guys,

I had been wanting to for a while add an additional shelf to my OKJ Highland Reverse Flow Smoker but do not have enough proper tools or skillset to make it myself. I found some parts on bbqsmokermods.com that were for the OKJ Highland and they could no tell me if they fit the reverse model but I decided to try since they would take them back for free. I also purchased there upgraded baffle and water pan combination. After a few slight mods I was able to get it to fit nicely. Really looking forward to see how the cook goes on it. I have attached a pic of the new setup. Did not get a close up of the water pan and baffle but can post if someone would like to see it.

Attachments

• smoker.jpg
    smoker.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: Marknmd
Guys,

I had been wanting to for a while add an additional shelf to my OKJ Highland Reverse Flow Smoker but do not have enough proper tools or skillset to make it myself. I found some parts on bbqsmokermods.com that were for the OKJ Highland and they could no tell me if they fit the reverse model but I decided to try since they would take them back for free. I also purchased there upgraded baffle and water pan combination. After a few slight mods I was able to get it to fit nicely. Really looking forward to see how the cook goes on it. I have attached a pic of the new setup. Did not get a close up of the water pan and baffle but can post if someone would like to see it.
Very late to the game, i know, but ive had an oklahoma joe highlander reverse flow for a year or so and have been looking for an expansion rack. I saw that one on the bbqskokermods site (for the regular flow) and i checked w them and they said it did not fit the reverse flow model.

How has yours been working for you? Did you have to modify it at all to fit properly?

Thanks

Very late to the game, i know, but ive had an oklahoma joe highlander reverse flow for a year or so and have been looking for an expansion rack. I saw that one on the bbqskokermods site (for the regular flow) and i checked w them and they said it did not fit the reverse flow model.

How has yours been working for you? Did you have to modify it at all to fit properly?

Thanks
They did fit well when I had the smoker and I did love the extra space. I have since sold the until and purchased a Masterbuild Gravity smoker.

I have the OKJ Highland and the bbqsmokermods baffle with water pan. Are you saying you replaced the stock baffle with the bbqsmokermods baffle? I thought the OKJ Highland Reverse flow was deliberately designed with a solid plate to force heat and smoke from right to left underneath the main cook chamber via a steel barrier without perforations so that the flow of smoke in its entirety can then rise and reverse from far left to right through the cook chamber.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky