Upgrade Issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Us mobile users don't see the carousel unless we go to the home page. So before, when you clicked on a thread the carousel was at the top. I haven't seen the carousel for awhile because I go to the last thread I viewed and select watched forums or watched threads. The mobile view is jam packed and cluttered when searching a forum (there are two lines of view and you can enter a title but the member to enter below is covered with an ad and you can't get to it without tons of shifting and trying to close the ad. Before the upgrade the mobile view was much more user friendly. Could admins spend time on the forum with smartphones (mines Galaxy S7) to search forums, attach files, and make their posts to see what I'm talking about and the carousel not at the top of every page? I'm not viewing featured threads much because out of sight out of mind.

Reactions: fivetricks
Is there something I'm missing in regards to the Media? You can't set a pic as the thumbnail anymore and all the old albums are just blank? The pics are still in the albums, but in this shot below, they look like this:

View attachment 412879

Maybe y'all are telling me I need to not use up so much server space?! :emoji_laughing: :emoji_sweat_smile:

**edited to add I apparently found the limit for adding media? haha

View attachment 412882

bmudd14474 bmudd14474 or hellasteph hellasteph , is there a member limit on storage or is that per file? DOes upgrading account get you more space? Asking for a friend with a picture taking problem... :emoji_grin:

Let me look into that for you. I'll get back with you later

Just wondering if still possible to put locations on avatar instead of clicking on it ?
Otherwise I think the changes and concerns of most, have been addressed. Nicely done. . .

Not sure if we can. We found other aces where that's not an option but I will check.

Except the Carousel pics are still zoomed in way to much to see what's in the picture.

Bear

Yes we are still working on this one.

Thanks for hanging in there everyone

Is there something I'm missing in regards to the Media? You can't set a pic as the thumbnail anymore and all the old albums are just blank? The pics are still in the albums, but in this shot below, they look like this:

View attachment 412879

Maybe y'all are telling me I need to not use up so much server space?! :emoji_laughing: :emoji_sweat_smile:

View attachment 412882

bmudd14474 bmudd14474 or hellasteph hellasteph , is there a member limit on storage or is that per file? DOes upgrading account get you more space? Asking for a friend with a picture taking problem... :emoji_grin:

Can you give it a try now? I have adjusted this.

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
Hey hellasteph hellasteph and bmudd14474 bmudd14474 just for a clarification sake here.

With the "gallery" feature gone and the Media storage space being set to 10mb, does that officially mean that SMF is preferring to have images uploaded/hosted somewhere else we move to using the URL's to the images from the image hosting sites when we want to post images?

As apposed to uploading images directly to SMF like we did in the past?

If that is the approach I totally get it I am just wondering if that is the writing on the wall that I am reading. Also is there any AWS S3 integration with the current forum software that makes image storage simple and inexpensive for hosting images for SMF in fairly seamless fashion?

The AWS S3 question is probably asking too much but I'm just curios :) Thanks for all the hard work folks! :)

Hey hellasteph hellasteph and bmudd14474 bmudd14474 just for a clarification sake here.

With the "gallery" feature gone and the Media storage space being set to 10mb, does that officially mean that SMF is preferring to have images uploaded/hosted somewhere else we move to using the URL's to the images from the image hosting sites when we want to post images?

If that is the approach I totally get it I am just wondering if that is the writing on the wall that I am reading. Also is there any AWS S3 integration with the current forum software that makes image storage simple and inexpensive for hosting images for SMF in fairly seamless fashion?

The AWS S3 question is probably asking too much but I'm just curios :) Thanks for all the hard work folks! :)

This is just a setting issue that we missed

Try it now. I have changed the quota.

View attachment 412879

View attachment 412882

Try it now. I have increased the Quota.

Not sure if we will give more space to premier members but that is something we will think about.

Brian

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
Try it now. I have changed the quota.

Thanks I noticed the quota was upped! Any ability to add media pics into a post from the "insert image" feature while replying? Or some additional widget/option in the "insert ..." menu?

I have been simply going to https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/media and to my albums and "copying" the image link bbcode to add them into my posts so I can totally do it that way. I was again "just curious" if accessing the album images through the insert menus was on the roadmap of tweaks being added lol :emoji_laughing::emoji_blush:

The "Help" tab in chat could use a little touch up in the contrast dept. I can just read the explaination of what the commands do, but the commands themselves are too faint to read. I have to highlight them like a copy/paste to see them.

Clicking on a featured item no longer takes you to the post.
Richie
Click on the title in the picture.
Yeah what Adam said.

Having to click on the title instead of any where on the picture cuts down on accidental click. This has frustrated some people who didn't want to go into the thread.

Maybe it's just Me, but everything now seems to be perfect to me.
The carousel Pics Look Awesome. (No longer zoomed too much)
Black on White is easy on the Peepers.
I just don't see any problems from the Bear Den.
Thanks to all you computer gurus for making it Great!!

Bear

I agree with John!
Everything seems to be working great.
I like the new format better than the old one.
Al

I agree the forum is all fixed now as far as I can tell.
Thank You to the Admin and Staff the Forum is looking Great again.
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky