Updates and Good news and Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We're still waiting, almost 60, but that's too young, lol.
I hear ya! my wife is 63 and it felt like forever before they would drop the age bracket down, then I got an email from the state health dept that Monday 3.8 it was going to 50 and up, plus all the other preexisting criteria etc. But all the dosing sites still said 65. We were like "you have to start taking appointments for Monday BEFORE Monday." oddly they didnt... 50 locations all said no on the electronic sign up process. My wife hooked up an appointment in a health dept in the adjoining county. Still feels pretty janky and requires a lot of time to find the elusive appointment.

My son in law found appointments in TX pretty easy and they are close to Amarillo...5hour drive. I heard others were traveling to neighboring states for shots. what a PITA.

I hear ya! my wife is 63 and it felt like forever before they would drop the age bracket down, then I got an email from the state health dept that Monday 3.8 it was going to 50 and up, plus all the other preexisting criteria etc. But all the dosing sites still said 65. We were like "you have to start taking appointments for Monday BEFORE Monday." oddly they didnt... 50 locations all said no on the electronic sign up process. My wife hooked up an appointment in a health dept in the adjoining county. Still feels pretty janky and requires a lot of time to find the elusive appointment.

My son in law found appointments in TX pretty easy and they are close to Amarillo...5hour drive. I heard others were traveling to neighboring states for shots. what a PITA.
PITA, exactly. But we gotta do what we gotta do, right? My MIL 83, got an appt last month, while waiting on line, they ran out. so she had to restart the process all over again. Which as you may be aware most folks over 80 just LOVE going online repeatedly to make appts, lol.

Those ribs look great. Still waiting here in NorCal for the vaccine. I am 58. Going to have to get ribs this week since we be having oral surgery soon and will be on "soft food" for months. That means fish, pulled port and brisket but no ribs and I really love ribs.

Those ribs look great. Still waiting here in NorCal for the vaccine. I am 58. Going to have to get ribs this week since we be having oral surgery soon and will be on "soft food" for months. That means fish, pulled port and brisket but no ribs and I really love ribs.
Sounds like FOTB time ;-)
I just had my second shot about an hour ago and the nurse told me she was headed to the track this afternoon to help with the Johnson & Johnson "drive thru". They started Friday and hope to go through 15,000 doses. They're doing the 15 minute wait time after the shot on Pit Lane and guys are taking pics of their cars on Pit Lane. She says it's a hoot!

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Great looking ribs Dave! I would be all over those like a fat chick on cake.

Reactions: sandyut
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky