Upcoming Grocery Sales

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
It's been far too long since I've found any significant deals on meat and these are just OK, at least for those of us in my area and hopefully some others, as well.

Starting tomorrow...
Food Lion will have USDA Choice boneless chuck roast on sale for $3.49/lb. That's as cheap as I've seen it in quite awhile around here. Only problem is they don't cut meat, these roasts come in precut and packaged (think Walmart) so you'll have to take what they have and they NEVER have one big enough for me. Also, they will have boneless half pork loins for $1.99/lb. and a 5 lb. bag of Russet potatoes for $1.99 and "hot house" tomatoes for 99¢/lb. I've never bought a tomato from any grocery store that's any good, but this is still a good price. Buy them and leave them in the sun for a couple of days and maybe they'll be better...can't wait for local toms to come in...

Lidls will have Grobbel's corned beef flats for $3.49/lb. Also a 10 lb. box of chicken drumsticks for $6.90.

Aldi will have their Cattleman's ranch corned beef for $2.99/lb. and "Black Angus USDA Choice Premium", whatever that means, corned beef for $4.99/lb.

I looked at the Kroger ad and nothing caught my eye, the rest of the sales ads will post tomorrow. Not much, but with inflation being what it is, this is about as good as it gets...

Gonna Smoke Gonna Smoke - if you are within driving distance of Rock Hill there are a couple (Food Lion) that cut their own meat. I doubt you are since you mention Kroger and the closest Kroger to me is in Columbia. It's 3.99lb here again for chuck, but our pork loins are 1.79 - which is the lowest I've seen in maybe 6 months.
I would call a couple of close ones and see if you get lucky on 1 that has a butcher.

I'm waiting for the prices to really roll back...
lsoKSaW.jpg

Thanks for this info. Got Lidl and Aldi near me, I wonder which Corned Beef would be the best.

Chef's Store (formerly Cash & Carry) has whole corned briskets on sale.
1677622023203.png

Item sold per lb. Selecting a qty of 1 will add 1 unit to your order.
$3.99 / lb
(16 lba)
SAVE 7%

I doubt you are since you mention Kroger
Kroger is a trek for me, but I'll go there occasionally for the right deal if I'm in the area. I look at their ad and post their deals because they are a large company and many on here live close to them...

Reactions: MJB05615
Harris Teeter has

Chicken Breast (BLSL) for 1.79 lb
Store brand bacon for 3.99 which is the same as Smithfield I do believe.
canned veg for .57/can

Publix doesn't have anything worth a flip

KJ's has various chicken parts half off but it doesn't say what the regular price is. At least I got plenty of eggs last week. I noticed that they carry an 'off brand egg' that is also 2.99 dz regular price. I guess I will be driving over there (only about 7-8 miles so not terribly out of my way on egg day every month.

Kroger is a trek for me, but I'll go there occasionally for the right deal if I'm in the area. I look at their ad and post their deals because they are a large company and many on here live close to them...
My lady has a couple of doctors in Columbia so if there is something I can't live without at Kroger on those days she has appointments I will stop. Her appointments never line up with brisket sales unfortunately.

Just found out that US Foods Chef's Store has a 40 lb. box of whole chicken wings for $46.99. That's a lot of wings, but an excellent price. Deal is good through March 12...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky