Unsliced cold cuts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rgarry

Original poster
Jun 7, 2014
Didn't know where to put this but knew you guys would have answers. Looking to buy whole cold cuts and then slice. Curious if anyone knows the shelf life?

It depends on how its stored. Are you going to portion and vac seal?

Depends on the type and packaging. A dry salami will last months (or longer). Same with dried meats (prosciutto). Bologna ...days. Vacuum packed would last longer than lose packaging.

Some take frrezing well. You can cut dried salamis for instance in 1lbs portions and freeze. Thaw as you consume them. Some cuts can also be frozen sliced.

Last edited:
The kids go through lbs of cold cuts and was thing of slicing every 3-4 days but I guess I can of a lb or so and vacuum seal. Have been going to restaurant depot and amazing how much cheaper it is if you are willing to do some work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky