Unfortunately Folks .... It's Official!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Wurstmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Auf Deutsch: es ist offiziell: Die Wiesn* 2021 ist abgesagt! English: It is official: The Show 2021 ist canceled!
(*local Bavarian term for Oktoberfest/meadows/show)

Since we can't head to Germany again this year, looks like we'll have to have our own at home/local Oktoberfest. Would anyone be interested in posting their meal/party ideas, accomplishments, recipes, photos for everyone to enjoy?

Maybe we could set up an Oktoberfest Group to keep things together and to share?
🍻

John

I hate to say this, but I saw this one coming.

I was thinking of inviting a few friends over for a mini Wurstfest of sorts with 3 or 4 types of sausages, a few appetizers along with some wines and beer.

Reactions: Wurstmeister
Our semi-local "German American Fest" is making some waves as it is moving forward this year. I will probably be going. That said, the event is NOTHING like the size of Ofest. Very few people realize just how big Ofest really is... 6 MILLION people.

When Maiden once again cancelled their European tour we knew it was over for just about everything else.

By the time 2022 comes along I'm simply not going to have the drive to do anything.The backyard BBQ marches on here.

1644789741618.png

That really sucks. I think it's a cool idea here though. I don't do the sausage making, but my wife is from Wiesbaden and we do a lot of German food. I miss going to Oktoberfest's in Big Bear, San Diego also has a really big one in El Cajon that is legit.

That really sucks. I think it's a cool idea here though. I don't do the sausage making, but my wife is from Wiesbaden and we do a lot of German food. I miss going to Oktoberfest's in Big Bear, San Diego also has a really big one in El Cajon that is legit.
You might want to tell folks where Big Bear is. I was born in San Bernardino and lived in the AV for 28 years.

Reactions: bauchjw
They pulled off Oktoberfest here last year. Hope they can again this fall.

You might want to tell folks where Big Bear is. I was born in San Bernardino and lived in the AV for 28 years.
Sorry! Big Bear is about 3 hr drive from San Diego going North East into San Bernardino Moutains. Beautiful mountain lake and pines. Great Oktoberfest setting, skiing, hikes Etc. Before having kids we’d have a SoCal day and drive up to big bear and party Friday night, ski in the morning, then drive down the mountain to surf Oceanside pier in the afternoon. Snow skiing to surfing the ocean on the same day! When I was single we’d cap it off with a drive to Puerto Nuevo Mexico to party same day and wake up to surf Baja Mexico’s K-38. Great memories!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky