Uncle Tykie's Down Home Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man, UT, I don't know how I missed your first post on this, but I'm it surfaced again!!!

Great to hear this coming together for ya...you made mention of it awhile back a few times and I curious what became of the concept...

Hmmm...maybe dreams can come true!!!!!!!!!!

That's way COOL....the place looks very, very nice...quite a transformation.

I wish you all the best in you new venture!

Live happy & prosper!

Eric

Nice looking place you have there, Tykie! Keep us posted as to how business is going. We're rooting for you, just too far away to help.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Hey glad to hear from you Uncle! Congratulations on the transformation- you've really done a fine job on your restaurant. Best of luck to you and wish it were closer, or I'd go too!

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looks nice. Best of luck to you.

Me and the wife just bought a new car and have been looking for a reason for a road trip. I figured you are about 5.5 hrs. away. Might make the trip
when i get a weekend off work.

Call me if you plan on coming down, Weekends are getting busy, may have to take reservations for Friday Nights our number is 217-476-DINE(3463)

Also Here is our Menu:
Appetizers
Cheese Stix $4.95
Fried Mushrooms $4.95
Cheese Quesadilla $4.95
Cajun Ckn Quesadilla $5.95
BBQ Ckn Quesadilla $5.95
Pulled Pork Quesadilla $5.95
Salads
Side Salad $2.50
Chef Salad $5.95
BBQ Ckn Salad $6.95
Cajun Ckn Salad $6.95
Pulled Pork Salad $6.95
Sides
Mama Jeans Baked Beans $1.95
Granny’s Coleslaw $1.95
Potato Salad $1.95
French Fries $2.25
Baked Potato $2.25
Garlic Mashed Potato’s $2.25
Apple Sauce $1.00
Cottage Cheese $1.50
Buttered Corn $1.75
Potato Chips $1.50
Burger
(all burgers are served with Fries)
The “Big Tykie”…3 quarter pound patties with cheese, bacon, sautéed mushrooms then smothered in Tykie’s Sweet BBQ Sauce $7.25

The “Cajun Coonass”(in the Cajun community in Louisiana anyone who is not Cajun but accepted into the Cajun community is called a “Coonass”)…2 quarter pound patties mixed with our special Cajun seasoning topped with cheese, Grilled Onions and Pepperoncini’s $6.50

The “Hawg Burger”… 1 half pound hamburger patty topped with Cheese, Bacon, Ham and Pulled Pork then smothered with Tykie’s Sweet BBQ Sauce $7.25
The “You Name it” Burger…This Burger starts off with 4 quarter pound patties and cheese. The goal is for whoever eats it with progressively more patties and Fries, Gets to Name it….Until that record has been beaten, then it gets a new name. For example if “Lyndsey” eats the burger with 6 patties and all her fries, by herself then the record stands at 6 and Lyndsey get to name it whatever she wants. For someone else to rename the burger they would have to eat 7 patties and all their fries etc etc… $9.95
Each additional patty after the first 4 is $1.50

1/4lb Burger $3.95
1/4lb Cheese Burger $4.25
Double Burger $5.45
Double Cheese Burger $5.95

Sandwiches
(all Sandwiches are served with Chips and a Pickle Spear)
Pulled Pork $5.75
BBQ Pork Wrap $6.25
Grilled Chicken $5.95
BBQ Chicken $6.25
Cajun Chicken $6.25
BLT $5.25
Turkey Club $5.25
Grilled Cheese $3.95
Italian Beef(when available) $6.95
Ribeye Sandwich $5.95
Dinners
(Dinners come with a choice of 2 of our sides)
Butterfly Center Loin Pork Chops
1 Chop $9.25
2 Chops $12.25
Sirloin Steak Dinner
8oz $9.95
16oz $16.95
Slow Smoked BBQ Ribs
½ Rack $9.95
Full Rack $18.95
Slow Smoked Rib Tips $8.95
Grilled Chicken Breast Dinner (Cajun, BBQ’d, Lemon Pepper or Plain Ole Grilled)1 Breast $7.95 2 Breast $10.45
Fried Buffalo Fish Dinner1 Piece $7.952 Piece $9.25
10oz Chopped Steak Dinner $7.95
Combo Dinners
Steak & Ribs $16.95
Steak & Chicken $13.95
Chicken & Ribs $14.95
Steak & Chicken & Ribs $19.95
Tykie’s Specialties
Uncle Tykie gained a bit of recognition in years past for serving his “Belly Buster” when he had his BBQ concession stand. Now we bring the Belly Buster to its new home, right here in Ashland, IL and we even have a couple new versions of it for you to try out depending on your level of commitment. The Traditional “Belly Buster” is 2 Large Baked Potato’s piled high with Pulled Pork, and topped with Uncle Tykie’s Awesome Cheese Sauce.
Belly Bruiser (1/2 Belly Buster) $6.95
Classic Belly Buster $8.95
Gut Ripper $11.95
(This is HUGE and dangerous, it is 3 Large Potato’s Piled High with Pulled Pork, Smothered with Tykie’s Awesome Cheese Sauce, then Tykie smothers that with his Super HOT!!! “Fire in the Hole” BBQ Sauce) Do not attempt to eat this if you suffer from Heart Burn, Stomach Ulcers, Acid Reflux or any other gastro-intestinal ailment. Also DO NOT TRY THIS if you are a Sissy or weak willed.
Daily Specials
Monday
All you can eat Spaghetti with garlic bread and served with a side salad $7.95
Tuesday
Meatloaf, this is a huge portion and is served with garlic mashed potatoes and corn $6.95
Wednesday
Chicken Gizzard and or Livers, served with mashed potatoes w/gravy and corn $6.95
Thursday
Fried Chicken Dinner, served with mashed potatoes w/gravy, corn and dinner roll $7.95
Friday
Whole Catfish or Buffalo dinner, served with bread onion, Coleslaw and Baked Beans $6.95
Saturday
Rib Night, Half Rack of Ribs, Fries and Baked Beans
$8.95
Sunday
Italian Beef Sandwich, served with Fries $6.25

Man its looking good so far. I especially like how you tell it like it is...eg.

Gut Ripper $11.95
(This is HUGE and dangerous, it is 3 Large Potato’s Piled High with Pulled Pork, Smothered with Tykie’s Awesome Cheese Sauce, then Tykie smothers that with his Super HOT!!! “Fire in the Hole” BBQ Sauce) Do not attempt to eat this if you suffer from Heart Burn, Stomach Ulcers, Acid Reflux or any other gastro-intestinal ailment. Also DO NOT TRY THIS if you are a Sissy or weak willed.

You sure can't say you didn't warn them.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

It takes Guts to start a venture like this I wish you all the best successes with your new place.
points.gif

PS. Wish I could be there Friday and Saturday for the specials, alas I live 2 days driving time away.
icon_sad.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky