Umai Venison Chorizo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crazymoon

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 24, 2014
Great North Woods, NH
I started a 5 pound batch of Umai Venison Chorizo yesterday with 3 pounds venison, one pound pork butt and one pound pork back fat. I'm shooting for 40% weight loss-see you in a month with the results ! CM
IMG_0236.jpg

Never tried this one so interested! I’ve gone over 40% drying a time or two but ended up with a “harder” sausage that I liked so would target right around 40% myself.

Reactions: crazymoon
Looking good already.
Dogs will be very friendly when you're wearing those coats!
MC, That closet is full of old clothes that should be tossed or donated. The only thing in there I use is a fly fishing vest, maybe it will attract some fish ? :)

Ya I must have missed it too! It's ok...this here's a nice bunch, you can come out of the closet! 😁 But for as much as I love your smoked venison hearts this has got to be good!

Ryan

Lookin good Crazy...somehow I missed this thread. How'd they turn out or are you still drying?
IDS, It's funny you asked as I am weighing them later today . They were about 40 grams off the desired 40% on the last weigh-in.

Reactions: indaswamp
I bet that’s going to be incredible. I love chorizo. Best I’ve had was last year from Bearded Butcher and it was lean turkey chorizo.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky