UDS rack bolts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buckscent

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
B'ham Alabama
What are you using for bolts to hold the racks? I was trying to find SS 1/4-20 3” hex bolts but I can’t seem to find any that are threaded

1/4-20 is what I used. I will have to measure them to be sure but I think 2.5 inches.

Lowe's or home Depot has them.

I'm using (non-threaded) round stock and welding it :) It's probably the length and the hex head that is getting you. You can get them in screws --Phillips, flat head, maybe allen or even square/robertson, etc.) but a proper hex cap bolt will usually have a non-threaded shank at 3". Just use a machine screw. Or go to a good hardware store. You can also buy one length of threaded rod and cut it.

Thanks all!! Ended up going with threaded studs and on the outside I used acorn nuts. Regular washer/nut inside

I used SS 3/8-16 I think 1.5 inch long with a washer and nut on the inside. The setup was perfect for holding the Weber kettle grating on the threads of the bolt and nut keeps it from sliding around since the drum is a couple inches bigger diameter than the grating.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky