• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

UDS rack bolts

buckscent

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 6, 2010
What are you using for bolts to hold the racks? I was trying to find SS 1/4-20 3” hex bolts but I can’t seem to find any that are threaded

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
1/4-20 is what I used. I will have to measure them to be sure but I think 2.5 inches.

Lowe's or home Depot has them.

ironhorse07

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 17, 2012
I went from the inside with a jam nut then a washer and acorn nut on the outside.

hardcookin

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
1/4-20 is what I used. I will have to measure them to be sure but I think 2.5 inches.

Lowe's or home Depot has them.
What Adam said I have a Surplus city close by me and they sell them by the lb.

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 22, 2017
I'm using (non-threaded) round stock and welding it :) It's probably the length and the hex head that is getting you. You can get them in screws --Phillips, flat head, maybe allen or even square/robertson, etc.) but a proper hex cap bolt will usually have a non-threaded shank at 3". Just use a machine screw. Or go to a good hardware store. You can also buy one length of threaded rod and cut it.

buckscent

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 6, 2010
Thanks all!! Ended up going with threaded studs and on the outside I used acorn nuts. Regular washer/nut inside

SmokinLogs

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 5, 2017
I used SS 3/8-16 I think 1.5 inch long with a washer and nut on the inside. The setup was perfect for holding the Weber kettle grating on the threads of the bolt and nut keeps it from sliding around since the drum is a couple inches bigger diameter than the grating.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.