uds question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

malcojester

Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
I recently built a uds and love the temp ontrol i have with it but have one problem or question. When i keep temp down around 225- 235 i dont get much smoke and have to keep two of the three piipe nipples closed and ball valve close to half closed. i just did a brisket flat and had smoke flavor but no smoke ring cause had valves closed so very little air flow. tomps have been in 90-100 in boise here also. thank you for advice. i have 3 3/4 nipples in bottom with 1 ball valve and a 2" exhaust port on top.

malco, evening....   I was discussing a similar problem with another member a week or so ago.....   2 thing come to mind....  Start with a smaller batch or lit coals when using the minion method is one suggestion and #2 might be needing more exhaust to let the heat out so more air flow can be achieved....  everything else sounds right on.....   let us know what works... Dave

do i need more exhast prot then just the 2 inch hole in lid? cause i like to cook around the 225-250 mark and if i keep it there seems to soot up just a little n no smoke like fire starving for air. maybe ecto1 can chime in on this

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky