• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

UDS progress is slow but steady

Razyr Sharpe

Joined Jul 29, 2019
I purchased two barrels over a month ago and I have been making slow but steady progress. Holes are drilled. Paint has been burned away. Have to grind and sand the more stubborn areas and the inside. Then comes mounting adjustable shelf brackets. I'm saving the charcoal basket builds for near the end of the process. I'd upload photos, but my phone says low memory is not allowing me to. Dang it.

Last edited:

fivetricks

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 7, 2017
Lol. Wire brush on a high speed drill will help your paint removal project along as good as anything else.

Feel free to msg with any questions/thoughts you might have on your build!

Razyr Sharpe

Joined Jul 29, 2019
I have some brass brushes mounted on a drill. They take off the paint that has been loosened by the fire and the rust, but if the fire didn't weaken it the brushes aren't affecting it. I need to get a grinder and appropriate discs to take off the rest, especially on the lid which i purposely didn't burn. I was afraid the lids would warp.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.